The NoMad Lobby

Brunch in the lobby wasn’t much better than @Chowseeker1999’s experience at dinner in the mezzanine. Overpriced, insipid, and uninspired. The scallops were okay but microscopic, the crab in the benedict and pasta was flavorless, all i could taste in the tagliatelle was acid, highlight was the milk and honey ice cream sandwich. I would come back for the milk and honey.

Service was also very slow with a less than half full lobby.

nomad_20180311_113650

bay scallops, yuzu, pistachios

benedict, english muffin, alaskan king crab, tarragon, hollandaise

tagliatelle, alaskan king crab, meyer lemon, chives, black pepper

milk and honey ice cream sandwich

4 Likes

Milk and Honey sandwich is the only redeeming thing about this place

Yikes, seems to say it all. I rarely venture downtown, but still this makes me sad as I was hoping perhaps for a reason to make the trek.

Haven’t been in New York, but I know it is very popular in NYC. What do you think the problem is? Lack of quality control for the far flung branch or maybe the NYC restaurant is just a place to be seen without good food either?

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Thanks for taking one for the team. Sounds like NoMad still hasn’t improved since our early visits. :frowning: That pasta looks really… sad.

1 Like

And… dry? It looks like it’s crying out for some moisture to me. I’ve never had pasta speak to me like that b/f… :frowning:

1 Like

pasta looks awful

Now that the mezzanine is closed and consolidated with the lobby restaurant, Has anyone been to the lobby for dinner and had the duck? Seems a bit risky but it doesn’t look like too bad of a deal.

Considering catching up with a friend that I first met there for sentimental reasons.