The Sale Thread

That is insane. A spark of genius spurred by the love of meat. :open_mouth:

1 Like

File under: #UnexpectedDelicious

2 Likes

In case anyone is looking for whole plates of short ribs, Northgate has them on sale for $4.69/lb. Likely not as nice as the Whole Foods/Prime deal last week, but beggars can’t be choosers. I know what we’re cooking for Easter.

The vacuum-sealed bags here have 4 slabs on short ribs instead of 2.

3 Likes

I gotta get back to posting in here!

is this the whole plate short rib (3 bones) or the chuck short rib (4 bones)?

@Hungrydrunk Whole plate short rib (3 bones). I didn’t know there was a 4 bone chuck option. I learned something new today.

1 Like

the ones i’ve bought at a Costco Business Center are usually the 4 bone chuck ones.

1 Like

The north gate I went to said the short ribs won’t be on sale until Friday :frowning:

:frowning: it was $4.69 in my ad delivered last week. This week’s ad shows this…

At $4.29, that’s even better than the price that I paid.

Yeah it’ll be 3.99 on Friday thru Sunday apparently but the one I went to no sale. Oh well will have to go on Friday.

So the sale pricing is regional? How interesting.

If anybody lives near Yorba Linda the new Bristol Farms meat counter has everything 40% off until the end of the month. The poke bar is pretty good and only $9.99 per lb.

4 Likes

Beef short ribs back on sale at WF. $5.99 per lb. Bought 2 plates for Father’s Day.

4 Likes

What grade?

I believe all meat at WF is choice unless it specifically says its prime.

2 Likes

guess i could call them, but off hand do you know if these short ribs are from the plate or chuck? @attran99

The ones they have in the sealed plastic are all 3 bone plates. They usually have 4 to a pack. I asked them to cut open the pack and only bought 4. The sealed plastic with 4 plates was around 15 lbs - so each plate was ~3.5 to 4 lbs.

3 Likes

From my past experience, I’ve found them to be the plate ribs and not the chuck.

2 Likes

We went to Sprouts for the first time recently. They had sea scallops, regularly $15/#, for $20. Quite good.

Anybody ever buy from Port Town Foods out of Wilmington (formerly Certi-Fresh Foods [and sometimes City Foods Wholesale according to the email list])?

https://porttownfoods.com/

It’s open to the public and I visited once in person when I was in the area- it looked… Okay. But they were moving locations at the time so it’s possible they weren’t at full inventory and quality.

It’s helpful to sign up for their email list where this week (to give a for instance) they have prices like $6.99/lb for grass fed ribeye $12.99/lb for USDA Prime.

1 Like