The Sale Thread

I believe all meat at WF is choice unless it specifically says its prime.

2 Likes

guess i could call them, but off hand do you know if these short ribs are from the plate or chuck? @attran99

The ones they have in the sealed plastic are all 3 bone plates. They usually have 4 to a pack. I asked them to cut open the pack and only bought 4. The sealed plastic with 4 plates was around 15 lbs - so each plate was ~3.5 to 4 lbs.

3 Likes

From my past experience, I’ve found them to be the plate ribs and not the chuck.

2 Likes

We went to Sprouts for the first time recently. They had sea scallops, regularly $15/#, for $20. Quite good.

Anybody ever buy from Port Town Foods out of Wilmington (formerly Certi-Fresh Foods [and sometimes City Foods Wholesale according to the email list])?

It’s open to the public and I visited once in person when I was in the area- it looked… Okay. But they were moving locations at the time so it’s possible they weren’t at full inventory and quality.

It’s helpful to sign up for their email list where this week (to give a for instance) they have prices like $6.99/lb for grass fed ribeye $12.99/lb for USDA Prime.

1 Like

2 Likes

Shoot, I forgot to post that Superior Market had cherries on sale last week 69¢ lb

Home!

The only way Marcel qualifies as a sale is if they cut 80%

2 Likes

Prime bone in rib eyes on sale at Costco this week for $12.99/lb. Happy Fathers Day.

3 Likes

Eataly dry aged meat sale this Saturday only. Do dads only eat red meat?

Ours didn’t have it :frowning:

I think last time Eataly had this sale, there were massive lines and I was super glad I didn’t go.

I did not go either but if I were to go this year it would literally be right at opening.

Only the good dads.

How much money are we talking for one steak at these halk off prices?

My guess is the steaks will end up being around $25-$35/lb depending on the cut and length of dry aging. I’ve seen 21-28 days and strips/rib eyes.

Whole Foods also has choice bone in rib eyes for $8.99/lb for Prime members. They look like tomahawks in the picture on the WF Prime app so take into account the bone.

Gelsons slanging fat bone in prime ribeyes $20/lb for reference

Every size Instant Pot is on sale on Amazon ahead of Prime Day.

2 Likes

I got so taken with Le Creuset pans. Keep an eye out please. looking for a dutch oven. Got a bake pan for xmas and OMG _ I NEED MORE OF THIS IN MY LIFE!!!

1 Like

Vons has cherries on sale for $1.39lb. Pretty good too!