The Sale Thread

No, but I did click on the link and look at the products. Now I am curious because Trader Joe’s has a newish ‘Heirloom’ Chicken that is really tasty and I’m wondering if thats where it comes from?

Good question- I’m not particularly brand loyal so if a reputable source sold under a different name in supermarkets I’d certainly be down to purchase it. There’s just so much misinformation and bastardized food standards out there it feels like you really have to check each source but there’s only so much you can do…

All i really know is flavor wise it’s better than Jidori or Mary’s IMO. Flavor reminds me of the chicken i had in France a bit. Although it’s obviously not.

Yes. We have been buying it for our Weekly Spatchcock Chicken. It’s been quite tasty and takes to dry brining well. Looking forward to stewing with in the future.

2 Likes

This seems like a good deal

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A7NN4I/ref=as_li_tl?imprToken=Wh9cOBil2GjLgwg6ukReuA&slotNum=6&ie=UTF8&tag=biip_060420_best-deals-on-amazon-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=w61&creativeASIN=B000A7NN4I&linkId=eed4eb0da4a932cc040c9e099ad826f5

Just spotted at Vicente foods

Sharp eyes! Thanks for pointing it out, maybe I’ll give it a try.

Best Buy has it for $164.99 right now.

2 Likes

That is a great rice cooker.

Hmm guess I’ll be checking out Best Buy soon.

1 Like

Chef, you might need to buy an entire phalanx of these Zojirushis for the type of volume you serve at PRD, lol…

I already have a commercial zojirushi size rice cooker that cooks 20+ cups but this is good for the times I want to do a smaller batch of rice or cook a 2nd type of rice.

2 Likes

Most excellent to hear! May you find the best price!

Sur La Table is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. They’re not folding yet but as described in that article it seems like a lot of stuff is on sale. The online sales seem decent enough but people might have better luck if they’re able to go in person.

3 Likes

Glendale and Pasadena are closing down.

Stocked up on some jeni’s brown butter almond brittle and van heusen chocolate chip cookie dough.

3 Likes

I picked up some ice cream stuffs too. Good deal. The Strauss Creamery chocolate ice cream is so damn good. We used to buy the Three Twins ice cream sandwiches but haven’t seen them since they announced they were closing shop. The WF 365 brand is pretty good.

2 Likes

Ohhh too bad. I love the merch. and the cooking classes. They are definitely overpriced BUT have great sales. I got a Le Creuset and All-Clad pans from 30-60% off. I wonder if they’re open for walk-in customers.

You snooze you lose. This is definitely the thread you can’t sleep on. Looks like I missed some good goodies.

Weird “Sale”. Found a freebie in the mcDonalds app that has to be a programming error. A free bacon McMuffin meal (sando, hash brown, coffee/drink) with $1 purchase.

I posted it in the Fast Food Thread.

1 Like