The Sale Thread

Gelsons slanging fat bone in prime ribeyes $20/lb for reference

Every size Instant Pot is on sale on Amazon ahead of Prime Day.

2 Likes

I got so taken with Le Creuset pans. Keep an eye out please. looking for a dutch oven. Got a bake pan for xmas and OMG _ I NEED MORE OF THIS IN MY LIFE!!!

1 Like

Vons has cherries on sale for $1.39lb. Pretty good too!

Hi @Luluthemagnificent,

Yes! We were hosting a Christmas party last year, and thankfully one of my relatives had a Le Creuset 7 Quart Dutch Oven to lend to me for cooking. It was so good! I hope it goes on sale soon. :wink:

https://www.lecreuset.com/specials

They have a smaller Dutch oven on sale right now for almost 50% off.

1 Like

If there is a Le Crueset Warehouse sale next year, GO. I went and bought the $50 mystery box (Only available first day of sale which had $40 entrance fee which went to Charity) and this what I got… The open stock was essentially a $90 box…

I was thrilled because our color was Marseille and we already have several LC Dutch Oven and even a Staub for good measure… But some folks got three dutch ovens of various sizes…

10 Likes

OH MY GOD!! WHATTTTTT???
How did you find out about it?
Was this deal for everyone or you had to be first in line?
I’m definitely going…
SHIT! I’m soooooo jealous!

1 Like

Yes. And the 6 quart duo is actually cheaper than last years black friday deal! Go for it people!

Dang what? WHAT!!!

Happy for your haul, hoping to match it next year.

I have an enormous LC oval DO worth over $400. I’ll never use it but can’t bear to donate it. If anyone comes to Reno, let me know. It might have your name on it :slight_smile: I got it from a little old lady who couldn’t lift it. I can’t remember what I traded her for. We used to do that.

1 Like

Oooh. Don’t tempt me. I’m a happy baker not a happy driver but for that?

Very tempted.

And there would be jam and mandlebread.

1 Like

Tomorrow I am taking two friends on a jaunt to a restaurant supply store.

For sure I will encourage them to leave with 1/4 sheet pans (so good for pan pizza and broiling/baking) but also? This. It makes the best egg salad. So fluffy!

Not quite an official sale posting but $4.49 for a rolled aluminum quarter sheet pan? Maybe you folks will let me slide :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Whatever mandlebread is, you betcha. Truly I’d love to send it to a good home. PS: We have two guest rooms with baths.

There’s a restaurant supply store that I/we drive past multiple times a week. I try to avert my eyes :slight_smile:

It is the jewish version of biscotti. (Mandlebrot is the german name.) Baked twice but, as it is made with whole eggs (not egg whites) it has more fat and so has a still crispy but gentler crumb. Pretty nice.

1 Like

We LOVE ours. We use it to braise whole chickens like to make Pollo Pibil or Chicken Fricassee. Also great for for Lamb Shoulder like this recipe:

3 Likes

Somehow Le Crueset sent me an invite via Facebook and after doing some sniffing around (They hold them in various parts of the US) I decided to give it a shot since I’ve been wanting a tall wall to add to my collection (I make pasta sauce in my Le Crueset nearly weekly) and it was for a good cause. I got the Mystery Box just for curiosity’s sake and because they promisesd an at least $300 Retail Value. So the $50 wasn’t a bad gamble.

I expected to maybe get one cast iron piece and maybe some of their housewears or ceramic. I got two cast iron pieces and large casserole and the stock pot! I ended up with over $500 value and it was SO MUCH FUN seeing what others got. Nearly everyone was SHOCKED with what they got… THere only a handful of just random boxes…One got 12 identical medium sized Cocottes. Another got two nice stainless pans and 6 butter dishes… LOL!! But hey… that is why they invented Offer Up!

The way it works is that the first day of the sale is VIP and they charge $40 (The regular sale days they are $15). You show up and they give you a coupon that you can turn into for a $50 Mystery Box (So you don’t even have to buy it). There is no science to it… The boxes are sequestered. They hand it to you so you don’t pick. They are all the same brown box. You don’t even load it into your car, they do it for you since the box is so heavy (They even load up your car by ushering you in and out of the warehouse parking lot… So no parking lot trades or sales… LOL!!). I took the above photo at my work garage because that was the closest place near Barker Hangar that I could get everything out safely… No way was I waiting to drive home to find out what was in the box! LOL!!!

6 Likes

I would love to go next year! This is so cool!

1 Like

If I hear about it again… I’ll post it here! I had no idea if it was going to be good or not so I really didn’t tell anyone… Even if you can’t make it on VIP Day (Which is Thursday Afternoon/Evening) the discounts are better than the outlet and they had EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. Even some LE and European only models and prints…

6 Likes