THE Tsujita vs. Tsujita (Sawtelle) vs. Tsujita Annex: 3 Temples of Porky Ramen & Tsukemen

Wow, spicy rice?! :open_mouth: I’m craving this right now. :slight_smile:

Wednesday only, though. If they don’t have them, be sure to ask about them. Since citrus does so well on the tree, they often times don’t bring all their cultivars. They have always remembered to bring the cultivar I request the next week.

If you’re into preserved lemons, they have a Marrakech limon and a Scicilian cultivar that both preserve really well.

3 Likes

Exactly! I’m loving that tonkotsu, while still king in LA, is no longer the only game at the better ramen-yas.

3 Likes

We are blessed in California - my yuzu tree has loved the cooler wetter winter this past season, and may endow our house with some fruits this year. The yuzu rind is just so perfect with slightly seared kinmedai nigiri…

1 Like

You had me at bang bang, I’m going to have to try kitakata the next time I’m in little saigon. I see they have two locations, is one better than the other?

1 Like

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Oh you haven’t been to Kitakata yet? Definitely try it and order their original Kitakata Ramen, with “Hard Noodles” (they tend to slightly overcook the Noodles by default).

Definitely their original location in Costa Mesa. Try to get there right when they open or before 12 Noon (it’s crowded).

I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you go to Costa Mesa location you can hit up Sidecar Donuts and head to the beach.

Or get that beef tongue at Mitsuwa food court, and maybe some black sesame and matcha ice cream.

2 Likes

+1, always a line. Get the green chili shio ramen… clear broths run deep… :gun: :gun: :gun:

1 Like

Yah I love their Green Chili Shio Ramen as well. But @PorkyBelly should try the original Kitakata Ramen first (or maybe order both). :slight_smile:

Lost the thread - is this spicy roe from Kitakata?
In the OC?

Hi @CiaoBob,

Yah the Aburi Chashu Bowl at Kitakata Ramen in Costa Mesa:

Have you been there yet? :slight_smile:

anyone been to the Kitakata Buena Park yet? i was wondering it it’s just as good, the one in Costa Mesa always has a wait.

If you meant rice (and not roe), then yessiree.

Hi @Hungrydrunk,

Yah we’ve been a few months ago. I wrote about it in the linked Kitakata thread (above).

I thought it wasn’t as good, but it was decently close in some ways, with much better seating / less wait.

1 Like

thanks for the information. i’ll re-read the Kitakata thread.

No problem. :slight_smile: I appended the visit to the original post (at the top) if it’s easier for you, rather than going through all the posts.

1 Like

No
I’m in the OC as little as possible.

South Coast Plaza coming soon…

2 Likes

WOW. I’m no expert in this area but it seems pretty bad. Considering the size of their space and the amount of business they do (they are frickin’ crazy busy almost always), This may be foretelling for them that they need to change gears. Downsize their menu/hours/days would be my guess. Optimally move.

Wow, thanks for the info.

I’m guessing the move of their OG kitchen staff to the new Glendale location (manager included) didn’t help with their Sawtelle location keeping up standards. Thanks for the warning.