Tiger! Tiger! not reopening

Tiger! Tiger! will not be reopening, which is too bad. It was a fun spot with a good beer list and very good food.

Eater did this interview with one of the owners. It’s a good read in which she lays out the problems and issues they face. The same scene is playing out all over San Diego, California and the rest of the U.S. What do you do when your business model has been blown to smitherines and the options for rebuilding or recreating your business (your life too?) are slim and not especially clear cut. The interview is short, but it’s not hard to to see or hear the frustration in the owner’s voice.

5 Likes

Little to No assistance from the gov’t for small businesses forced to close over and over. Large businesses got assistance but haven’t had to close.
2021 only gonna be massive chains left. BS

2 Likes

Oh no. That was always a must stop for me when I came back to SD.

Yes, that was very bad news, but I certainly see their dilemma! I hope they will be able to maintain Blind Lady, at least.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random discussion of Covid-19 not specifically related to restaurants or food

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random discussion of Covid-19 not specifically related to restaurants or food