Tired Of Terrible French Fries

Okay, will do! I thought it was because they don’t cook them in beef tallow anymore.

Don’t know if that 40% is the order taker not entering the order quite right but Lately I’ve taken to ordering them “Extra well done and crunchy like potato sticks.” Haven’t had them wrong since.

Gotta say, the sticks taste pretty good with cheese melted on them too.

3 Likes

My kids like the cheese fries but its criminal how much they charge for 2 slices of melted cheese.

2 Likes

That sounds good and all (I’ll try it), but part of the love was the crispy at each end and the softness in the middle… and they’re not oily enough anymore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

McD does off menu stuff like In-N-Out? Awesome.

The tweet from the social media intern just kills me (and is very effective, too!).

5 Likes

Bold move by the intern!

1 Like

I’ve been to STRFSH a few times recently and their fries are pretty good. Just have to be willing to brave the 3rd street promenade traffic…

1 Like

Had to try them…

I got mine without the bacon bits but this photo of my co-worker’s represents.

1 Like

What is best is you get 100% of the basket because more than likely you are the only person ordering them well done.

3 Likes

Yeah but that kinda assumes they care and even started up a new basket instead of just saying “fuck it” and giving you whatever

1 Like

i can’t remember the last time i bought fries a la carte. i did try the mcd’s bacon cheese fries only because someone bought them for me - definitely eat them while they’re still warm. but i prefer steak fries anyway. i used to make them double fried at home, but it got to be too much work , now what i do is scrub whole russets, leave the skin on and cut them into fairly symmetrical wedges - and microwave them, which dries them out. i wait until they’ve cooled a bit (no more steam) put them in a plastic bag with some olive oil, toss to coat, sprinkle a little powdered garlic and seasoned salt and broil them in the toaster oven. crispy on the outside, nice soft potato-y essence in the middle with a hint of garlic. minimal effort and no risk of getting splashed with hot oil. my guests love them. the main trick(s) are uniform thickness so the wedges cook evenly in the microwave and waiting for the wedges to cool or the condensation inside the plastic bag will interfere with oil coating the potatoes.

4 Likes

But when they do, it is a glorious amount of crispy carbs.

2 Likes

This is an amazing French fry. BS fries at Majordomo.

2 Likes

$144 is steep for fries, but they do give you a couple of pounds of beef on the side.

Anybody know what “B.S.” stands for?

Bill simmons.

Had them again last night and they’re my favorite damn fries in the city. Takes them two to three days to make.

Truffle fries at cut are a close second.

6 Likes

You can order them a la carte. They are $15 or about $1.15 per individual French fry. They are the best French fry in LA but man are they expensive. The sauce on the side is a cheesy umami bomb. It’s a watery version of a cheese sauce amped up with flavor.

Majordomo is our favorite restaurant in the city right now.

3 Likes

The fries were one of the best things I’ve had at Majordomo, and that’s saying a lot.

Rad. Didn’t even bother to ask. I’ll get them on my next trip for sure. Thank you!

(Majordomo’s fries)

I hope they’re worth it @ $15 per order. Having heard a similar story (2-day prep) about the fries at L’Assiette, we went there, and the fries were good, but not exceptional at all.