TOP CHEF: Los Angeles

I think you’ll find it satisfying. I already miss the after show excitement of Last Chance Kitchen.

2 Likes

This week’s power rankings

“Parma” week 13, we’re nearing the end!

We’ve really been enjoying this season!

2 Likes

Loved this episode. Helps that parm + prosciutto are two of my favorite things.

And so happy about the final three (won’t spoil just in case) - I like them all a lot.

1 Like

the Finale!

2 Likes

Enjoyable season and a well deserved win at the end.

I just realized - this was the same butcher from Parts Unknown

5 Likes

Well deserved winner.

Dario Cecchini is a real character and a very nice man. We ate at his place in Panzano many years ago. He gave a very nice speech welcoming everybody and played his flute like instrument, happily taking pictures and eating food with us the whole time. This was a few years before he started to become famous. The steaks were marvelous and it felt like there were bottomless carafes of wine. They used oven mitts to cook the steaks over open flames. A fun experience if you’re taking a day trip from Florence.

6 Likes

An interview with the King!

an interview with Stephanie and Bryan

I finally got around to watching the finale. I want char siu octopus to make it on someone’s menu…and HK milk tea tiramisu…also tonnato with beets.

2 Likes

Streaming on Hulu. Last Chance Kitchen is on YouTube.

I was really annoyed when Malarkey showed up again for the finale, but he was actually fine as a sous chef.

1 Like

From the Melissa King interview linked to above:

So you guys have to live with each other on this show. Was there anybody who had strange personal habits that stand out in your mind?

Let’s see here. Well, Malarkey, he wakes up… say we have a 5:00 AM call time or something. He’ll wake up at 3:00 AM. And I’m like, “what are you doing? Get as much sleep as you can.” But the guy is just like the Energizer bunny. He doesn’t stop, and he has so much energy. So he would wake up two hours before everybody else, jump on a treadmill for an hour. And then he would jump on the elliptical for another hour.

1 Like

In the 90s? He was traveling to food events in the US as early as 1998.

A few top chef alum have a new show on TruTV - Fast Foodies. It’s entertaining enough.

4 Likes