Tsujita Glendale

omg, char siu tsukemen is $15. Toppings a la carte too.

that Americana rent I guess…

ugh that’s ridiculous

1 Like

Welcome to Rick Caruso’s bourgeois world.

1 Like

The char siu tsukemen is also $14.95 at their Sawtelle location.

BTW there’s an article in the official name of this Americana location: THE Tsujita…

It makes it sound like a whiskey brand

1 Like

With the girlfriend out of town and a serious hangover from a night out with the boys still lingering, had to give this a try. My memories of having ramen at some serious places in Japan last August still somewhat fresh in mind, this would be a nice experience, especially since I have never had Tsujita before (at any branch).

Started with a small order of fried chicken. Exactly what I needed. Crispy exterior, moist interior, and excellent seasoning. Can’t go wrong here. They never told me what the side potato salad looking thing was, but it tasted a bit like tofu.

Then went for some pork gyoza. It comes with chilli powder in a bowl and you add soy / vinegar to your pleasing. Pretty solid gyoza, though the self-made sauce was more notable.

Main event. Maybe not quite as strong of a broth as I’ve had in Japan (or maybe I am now used to it), but still excellent.

Overall: Can’t wait to return! The space is bright, clean, and modern. Great service as well.

2 Likes

One huge element that I find different between tsukemen here vs Japan is the Japanese version tends to have a stronger presence of katsuo and/or niboshi in the soup.

2 Likes

Nice report thanks @DTLAeater. :slight_smile:

How was the wait when you went?

Saturday around 1pm: no wait and plenty of room at the communal tables that run down the center of the room. By 2pm, it was starting to feel almost full.

1 Like