Uncle Fung Anybody?

I can almost taste the food from the article.

4 Likes

We’ve eaten at/dine take out at Kalimantan quite a few times - the pictured dishes seem pretty similar to Kalimantan’s menu items.

Word gets out pretty fast among the respective communities about a place that serves food from Malaysia/Indonesia. But the numbers are small. I hope Uncle Fung can gain acceptance among the broader community as some of the menu items may seem a bit exotic, but are very approachable, especially to those not averse to pork.

1 Like

I really liked it.

2 Likes

we ate a very nice lunch here today. roti-prata, chicken satay, laksa curry mee, borneo combination plate, ayam goreng penyet. all were very good indeed. and a nice space and very sweet staff.

this is only 10 minutes from my mother-in-law’s place in seal beach. my guess is we’ll be hitting them up on every trip.

1 Like

+1! roti prata was excellent. laksa delicious. satay, my only quibble is the sauce veers to the sweet side. but like you, will absoulutely be back.

1 Like

here’s a brief write-up with pictures–on my blog, for those who care to look–of our lunch at uncle fung in december.

2 Likes