Under the Radar Chinese Cuisine SGV

Did ChatGPT write that?

3 Likes

Wait, so what’s the “crunch” part???

It was a dry prep; I don’t know what supplies the crunch. It’s not a major league crunch.

1 Like

Sao noodles is a famous traditional dish in Zhangye city, Gansu province, and is different from Saozi noodles found in other parts of China in terms of its taste and making process. It is a traditional breakfast and has a mellow and spicy flavor favored by local people. They enjoy Sao noodles with chive stuffed buns.

Zhangye Sang Noodles pay attention to noodles as thin as paper, as long as ribbons, chewing with tendons and bones, and full of fragrance after eating;

https://min.news/en/food/517db96e293a2698b723c7aa185e30da.html

5 Likes

We have another plagerizer on the board!

4 Likes

I think it’s Sichuan dry-fried beef, so “crunchy” isn’t quite the right translation.

1 Like

Not first time

3 Likes

Lol I totally forgot thanks for the reminder!

3 Likes

Going to Colette this saturday, which might be top 3 weirdest menu changes for the same restaurant I have ever seen.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/colette-pasadena-2

Went from basic American brunch food to really good looking cantonese food.

3 Likes

don’t thank me, thank inspector @porkybelly, who keeps all the FTC receipts.

4 Likes

@hal: I (and I think at least a few others on the board) would appreciate it, if you could also provide a link to where you’re getting the information from, rather than just cutting and pasting w/o attribution.

Thanks for considering this.

6 Likes

I guess not so under the radar. I went to the Chino Hills location and it was pretty empty although it was on Christmas Eve so take it FWIW.

Good list. Thanks for providing it. Some good suggestions here, as usual. Hmmm…some of the other styles/provinces you haven’t had yet:

Shaanxi:. I’m not sure what the current favorite is, but there’s Shaanxi Garden and Noodle Art.
Shanxi: Lao Xi Noodle House.
Taiwanese: Eat Joy Food getting a lot of love here; previously, Monja Taiker got a lot of love.
Dongbei: Shen Yang Tasty.
Hunan: Noodle Harmony has Hunan dishes, but also has some nice Sichuan dishes.
Yunnan: the eponymous Yunnan Restaurant for Yunnan dishes (either location)
Jiangsu/Zhejiang: Jiang Nan Spring
Lanzhou: there are places with the Lanzhou-style beef noodle soup, not sure which is the favorite currently.

7 Likes

Lately have been really enjoying the dim sum at the tiny Hong Kong Dim Sum House in San Gabriel next to Golden Deli

Fresh and flavorful dim sum, especially love their pan fried chive dumplings and chow mai noodles.

It’s a very friendly mom and pop place too!

5 Likes

Thanks for the HK Dim Sum House tip. As if that intersection didn’t have enough good eats already.

1 Like

Yes! We stopped by there for our Dim Sum Pot Luck… they have Chicken Hom Sui Gok

1 Like

I assume the restaurant name was accidentally omitted? :slight_smile:

Ham Sui Gok (Fried Glutinous Rice Dumplings 咸水角)

I had to look it up; I think I’ve had the taro ones.

1 Like

There’s a Yunnan Restaurant on Las Tunas in SGV and one in Monterey Park on Garfield.

3 Likes

So how are their Crossing the bridge noodles?