Unique Dining Experiences?

I’d rather go to Love and Salt for their head.

Rabbit Porchetta to boot.

1 Like

I hear they have stiff drinks

1 Like

Don’t know who pigpen is, but wish I could think up terms like tweezerific.

Okay. Good question. I try to make the dialogue in my topics brief, as not to bore readers. But, I’ll add a bit more. I think unique in that it’s a place which shows he put in some thought, not necessarily obscure or vedg-centric (like Le Comptoir), but an upscale place to impress.

1 Like

Nice pecs

…There he is.

That seems like a place for me. Where is it? The only know RFD space I know of is on La Cienega.

Providence?

Yes… Now we’re talking. That type of place.

how 'bout Kali on Melrose?

1 Like

In Santa Monica, between 5th and 6th on Santa Monica Blvd. south side of street. Ervin was chef at St Martha and Fundemental LA prior to this. The desserts are, depending on your viewpoint, wonderful or way too tempting. Wife and I are there every other day.

1 Like

Isn’t Providence for an anniversary dinner or engagement dinner rather than first date place? Or maybe I am too cheap?!

Then Orsa and Winston.

Hi @TheCookie,

Hm, given your additional thoughts on the matter, for special occasion / date night, then perhaps:

• Providence - Chef’s Tasting Menu
  • SAAM at The Bazaar - One of the quietest, romantic rooms to dine in (you don’t have to worry about shouting so your dining partner can hear you). :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Melisse
  • Craft

For something less formal, but still really nice, unique:

• Aburiya Raku - Japanese Izakaya, but much nicer than the standard types.

Good luck.

Depends on if you’re going Dutch or not.

How about Alma at the Standard? fun atmosphere but good food by Ari Taymor

In a diner though…

LOL Yes… My husband said he shouldn’t be breaking the bank on this one.

Good ones. Thanks!

I see your point, but I think if you are younger that 30 unexpectedly creative food ‘in a diner’ is considered fun and it’s pretty affordable.