Vaca OC - Spanish Cometh

this just in: spanish food better in spain than in u.s. details to follow…

just teasing. it is unfortunate you did not enjoy your meal.

The morcilla at Jose’s spot in Vegas is quite tasty and no chemistry. The uni added nothing though.

1 Like

I’ve not been, yet, but Casa Cordoba has been on my list for a while. If you find yourself in the Montrose area it might be worth checking out.

http://www.casacordoba.com/

1 Like

Looks really good, thanks for the intel, I always worry though that these places representing specific, lesser-known regions will end up catering to more generic taste buds if they aren’t an immediate success.

1 Like

You’re welcome - and I share the same concern about places adjusting the recipes to suit the local comfort level.

I need to convince my partner to try it; he’s not a big fan of Spanish food but reasonably flexible.

If you get there, please post a review.

Just drove by Monday looking for somewhere to eat. Ended up at Pine and Crane. Thanks

1 Like

LMAO nice. As you know we can get good italian, decent french, and a myriad of amazing asian here, but Spanish…

hey, it’s possible spanish restaurants in the u.s. haven’t as yet quite made the strides
other cuisines have. i’m not smart enough to know.
i’ve had good spanish food in nyc, oc - i thought vaca was pretty good, and las vegas.
but was it farther behind the stuff in spain, as compared to other countries and their cuisine?
interesting question.

i just always chuckle when i read comparisons of food from ________ as opposed to restaurants
serving that stuff in the u.s.
but hey, i’m a cynical jackass on me best day.

There were dishes at smoke.oil.salt that were better than we found in the month we’ve spent in Spain.

2 Likes

interesting. i was a dum dum for not going there.

Which breweries?

Terreux
BottleLogic
Chapman
Good Beer
Barley Forge
Gunwhale

Impressive. Usually a couple flights at the Bruery/Terreux and a pour or two at Bottle Logic is enough to put me out.

Was a full day affair with food, etc… we dont’ get down there much so had to cover a lot. Wish we went to Noble as well but we’ve been a couple of times. Didn’t know they had 3 hazy ipas on.

Not surprised to hear that, hazy IPAs seem to have been the big beer trend of 2016. I traded for some Trillium a while ago, but now you can find that style in any beer bar.

it’s nice :slight_smile: freaking Trillium opened right across the street from my job in Boston… after i left boston…

1 Like