Vegan Emergency

Donut Farm in Silverlake has some pretty tasty vegan donuts. They have burritos too but I have never had one.

I tried their donuts once up in SF.

It made me crave stale tempeh.

These are all really great suggestions, thanks! I forgot to mention I’d probably be running a pretty strict time constraint so I’d need to be able to pick up the food quickly; Samosa House looks really good, the food sounds easy to split among many people, and they seem likely to be able to accommodate a short time-frame. @Chowseeker1999 correct me if I’m wrong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @T3t,

Yah Samosa House is pretty quick, and they always have Vegan Indian dishes every day. :slight_smile: Hope they like it.

2 Likes

Mine were good.

In fact, better than stale tempeh.

Here is the link to my review of Krimsey’s Cajun Kitchen in North Hollywood. I am not a vegan, so feel free to take my review with a grain of sea salt.

1 Like

To note: the chilli hummus has fish sauce. :fish: :yum:

1 Like

Hi @A5KOBE,

Ah darn! My mistake. Thanks for the catch.

i always cut vegan restaurants some slack, but the VEGAN JOINT was just flavorless to me.
sort of nothing with nothing
(i really wanted to like it)
obviously ymmv

at samosa house they serve both vegan dishes and vegetarian dishes.
best to ask about any given dish if the distinction is important to you.

4 Likes

That’s how I feel about all vegan places.

Seriously. And they’re always putting weird seeds and grains on everything. It’s much easier to eat and enjoy vegan at Italian or Thai places, even Mexican.

And you don’t get the vegantude.

Mediterranean cuisine usually have lots of vegan and vegetarian choices as well. Notoriously meat-intensive dishes are balanced by meatless ones. Salads, spreads/dips, falafel, etc.

RAHEL vegan ethiopian, imho, is very flavorful, and completely vegan.
just ate lunch there on thursday.
they offer a supurb buffet ayce vegan lunch until 3pm.

their awaze (sp?) is terrific, as is their 100% teff injera (special order with an upcharge but worth it).

3 Likes

Vegan PSA.

Nic’s on Beverly which is in the former Terrine location is a celebrity vegan heaven with high end cocktails and very expensive non animal offerings. Unlike other places such as this it’s actually pretty good. Particularly enjoyed their Detroit pizza. The other 3 things I tried were men. Hilarious to see a Tagine (for presentation only obviously) of some sauce, masala, a few pieces of cauliflower and 18 chicpeas sold for $37 $NB. (to be fair there was a cute little pail of rice with some nuts on top next to it)

Gorgeous place though and would serve any vegan emergencies. I’m just so glad I only have to put up with one vegan buddy.

WTF?!?!

I mean high end vegan spots cater to rich folk only peripherally interested in eating… they try and make simple stuff look and sound pretty and charge a lot… many people dig it but i was giggling.

the cocktail i had was called a motherfucker and described to me as a negroni and an oldfashioned combined with mezcal added

That drink sounds awful.

1 Like

That’s what I said. But it somehow worked. Still bitter and sweet and strong… effective.