Vegan Emergency

Vegan PSA.

Nic’s on Beverly which is in the former Terrine location is a celebrity vegan heaven with high end cocktails and very expensive non animal offerings. Unlike other places such as this it’s actually pretty good. Particularly enjoyed their Detroit pizza. The other 3 things I tried were men. Hilarious to see a Tagine (for presentation only obviously) of some sauce, masala, a few pieces of cauliflower and 18 chicpeas sold for $37 $NB. (to be fair there was a cute little pail of rice with some nuts on top next to it)

Gorgeous place though and would serve any vegan emergencies. I’m just so glad I only have to put up with one vegan buddy.

WTF?!?!

I mean high end vegan spots cater to rich folk only peripherally interested in eating… they try and make simple stuff look and sound pretty and charge a lot… many people dig it but i was giggling.

the cocktail i had was called a motherfucker and described to me as a negroni and an oldfashioned combined with mezcal added

That drink sounds awful.

1 Like

That’s what I said. But it somehow worked. Still bitter and sweet and strong… effective.

Is this on the secret menu?

5 Likes

Totally describes the clientele at Cafe Gratitude (in Venice). But the food itself there is actually pretty good. Maybe a place to try next time w/ your vegan friend, even if it’s not in your neck of the woods. :slight_smile:

Yeezus

1 Like

MEH lol… not men… MEH… though funny enough if you readh MEH in russian it says Men

they love the other gratitude locations… we’ve had to endure 2 of them.

1 Like

2 Likes

That patio’s one of the nicest dining areas I know.

Did they use a lot of oil to get the Detroit pizza’s crust crunchy?

Not as greasy as some other places but really night light, crunch tasty dough yes .

That tree in the patio is the perfect canopy… we discussed that if that tree dies they’d have to go out of business. still shocked Terrine failed at that location

But not sure Nic’s will make it either. It wasn’t very busy for a Thursday. I’d say everything is about 20% too pricy so they’re pricing people out.