Vespertine x The French Laundry Collaboration Take-Out (Culver City): A Pictorial Essay

Therefore, you went three times?

2 Likes

Ohhh, then maybe that was actually a recommendation.:innocent:

1 Like

Yes, I had to be sure I wasn’t fucking insane versus the high acclaim it still seems to receive.

2 Likes

In a way, yes, this is a recommendation for their quarantine menus.

Also, thanks, I very much appreciate the comment. I’ll try to be around more :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My other thought was maybe it was a labor of love ‘cause someone you love loves it. Yes, I just wrote love a lot.

2 Likes

A slot is open right now for 2 tomorrow at 7:00 pm, but it also requires a wine pairing.

1 Like

Slots opened up for June 11-14

2 Likes

They seem to all require wine pairing which I think is a bit over the top.

It travelled just fine to the Eastside! And we even got stuck on the way back in protest traffic!

5 Likes

Great to hear (well, not the traffic jam part lol). Hope you liked the takeout! And welcome to FTC!

2 Likes

Tock booking says available thru 6/21/20 with menu on IG, but the IG bio sends me back to Tock. :roll_eyes: Maybe it’s the same menu y’all had? I emailed them…

1 Like

Thank you!!! I can’t believe I’ve never come across this forum until now!!

3 Likes

The menu posted on their ig hasn’t changed so I’m guess it’s still the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZGI_-pqgW/

2 Likes

This went down this past weekend. Thanks to a member of this community who offered halfsies…because who knows if I’ll ever manage a TFL reservation (I’ve tried multiple times).
Chef Jordan Kahn can cook. It was an exceptional meal, and made me more likely to book a Vespertine experience when things are normal, again. I wasn’t too enamored with the experience Chef Kahn is curating, but if it’s backed up by good, solid cooking…I’ll bite.
My favorite parts of the meal were the gougeres…they were so delicate and creamy and dreamy and cheesy with a crisp crust. I also loved the salad…that tomato tartare was insane. The rest of the meal was great…though the reheating instructions and replating of a couple dishes became challenging because I wanted to keep to the original. Just pay attention and don’t be like us…we were having so much fun, we almost forgot about the bread and had the “oysters and pearls” dish out of order. I wasn’t a fan of the Roquefort cheese course…that Roquefort was intense (even for a blue cheese lover like myself). We took our time plating and took photos…and dinner became a 4-5 hour affair. Sure, there may be a bunch of dishes at the end of a takeout meal, but it was sure fun.
I quite enjoyed the wine pairing…the champagne and Sauvignon Blanc being my favorites.

13 Likes

If you have an American Express Platinum credit card, their concierge should be able to get you a table at TFL without much of a problem.

3 Likes

Not in my arsenal. Thanks for the tip!

oysters and pearls is actually another dish with pearl tapioca sabayon, poached oysters, and caviar, served warm. It’s a staple on every menu at tfl and per se and is incredible. I imagine it would be too difficult to serve to-go.

oysters and pearls @ per se #foodtastesbetteronmoreplates

3 Likes

I thought the cauliflower panna cotta with osetra caviar and oyster gelée was Chef Kahn’s way of showcasing that particular famous dish from TFL. Thanks for the clarification.

Looks Melisse is getting on the bandwagon and doing a Ma Maison tribute dinner

Vespertine X Alinea announced