photo Serious Eats

News today…Coming Soon!

Vito’s Pizza Santa Monica
Opening Late 2016

Vito’s Pizza Downtown L.A.
Opening Early 2017

Me happy.

6 Likes

Been looking in on the SM location for months since their original opening date was expected in early fall. Looks like almost nothing has been done at the location.

Hopefully the People’s Republic won’t play games with them.

1 Like

Do you know where the Santa Monica location will be???:pizza:

The old McCabes Bar on Santa Monica Blvd, not far from Tacos Puntas and Cut Above Butcher.

4 Likes

Thank god something’s going in to that stretch of wasteland. Having spent a lot of time at St Johns Hospital, there’s really nothing to eat around there. Plus it’s convenient off the 10.

1 Like

That guy looks majorly happy to sereve pies

2 Likes

Oh… Downtown location? Me very VERY happy!

1 Like

Once upon a time I lived down the street from the original location in East Hollywood. A slice each of Mediterranean veggie and white pie and walk off those greasy carbs on the way home. Little did I know those were the halcyon days.

6 Likes

Good for you Vito! Good for you! Now get your ass back in Los Feliz or Silverlake!

1 Like

What are some of your favorite slices at Vito’s??

I wanna do a bang bang with Vito’s and Desano’s!!

I wanna do a bang bang with Vito’s and Desano’s!!

Vitos is a slightly different pie than Desanos. A bit more on the crisp edge. I love Vito’s white pie.

–Dommy!

3 Likes

Like Dommy says try the white pie! I have em add fresh garlic though. My ChowPups, uh ChowLads no make that my FoodTalkTikes really like the cheese with no extras at both Vito’s AND Delano’s! We all really dig Vito’s made to order bread sticks.

2 Likes

Just stopped in at the Santa Monica branch - the contractors told me they will open “in a month, maybe less.”
Very exciting for those of us who work and/or live in the far Eastern regions of SaMo. #fishtacospizzafoodtrucksinsamoeast

5 Likes

Happy for Vito. He’s worked hard for a long time, hope this pays off. Lived down the street for 10 years and ate a LOT of slices.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Is that first picture a salad or slice of pizza ?

2 Likes

Open

4 Likes

Excellent

4 Likes

So, now that they’re open on the Westside, and I’ve never experienced Vito’s Pizza - what’s the standout order? Not just Pizza, but sandwiches or pasta, too.

Received this e-mail from Vito’s today:

Friends,

Our pizza joint, Vito’s Santa Monica, is open for business!

Initially, we are operating as a pop-up called Vito’s Santa Monica. We are serving the same amazing New Jersey-style pizza that you can find at the original Vito’s in West Hollywood on La Cienega Boulevard. It has the same house-made crust and sauce (secret recipes!) and the delicious proprietary cheese blend. We are also serving warm and cold sandwiches and salads. Plus, we have a full bar! In a few months, we will revamp the facade and add finishing touches to the interior and re-open as “Roundhouse” a lounge serving Vito’s fine pizza, etc. We expect to expand the menu a bit and the bar will be more innovative and craftier.

Come in and eat in-house…listen to our vinyl selections du jour from a collection that we have been curating for many years. Family friendly, too.

Or take your food to go. Soon we will be offering delivery. Yay!

Dave & Patti

5 Likes