Waking Up To A Japanese Breakfast - Fukagawa & Ise-Shima [Thoughts + Pics]

duplicate

18 Likes

Natto a fan of snot beans? :joy:

5 Likes

I wonder what would happen if you mix up some Natto with Durian? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So RUDE! Please apologize to Natto-san. And add obligatory crown of raw egg. :wink:

2 Likes

BTW, have you tried the steak breakfast at Fukagawa yet? Just wondering if it’s worth it or just stick with the fish?

1 Like

Nothing better than snot beans complimented by the smell of dirty feet. :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

2 Likes

THANK YOU for this! I wasn’t aware of Ise-Shima, and have often yearned for this kind of a breakfast set-up again ever since having one in Banff, Canada decades ago.

Fukagawa is tops in my book, and regarding the steak, while I haven’t had it, my dining companions have enjoyed it when they’ve ordered it.

Now I’ll have to try Ise-Shima sometime…

1 Like

:laughing: more for me, I guess!

1 Like

I enjoy the taste of durian, but the fresh ones smell from like 100 yards away. But natto, you can have my portion all day, every day.

Sorry I haven’t. This Japanese-style breakfast is an occasional thing. For me, it’s a nostalgic moment that takes me back to my grand parents home in Japan.

The various dishes served for breakfast were so foreign to me in that context. And the broiled/grilled fish was everpresent. Think of it as parallel to bacon or ham in traditional American breakfasts. I’ve personally never had steak in this context.

1 Like

I never knew I needed AYCE Japanese breakfast in my life until today.

6 Likes

Some higher end breakfast buffets in Japan are off the chain. All-you-can-eat musk melon, playeh!

2 Likes

and green salad too (for breakfast)!!!

3 Likes

I had no idea such a thing exists, an AYCE Japanese Breakfast.

This is like knowing Berenstein Bears is actually Berenstain Bears (look that up!).

Or Luke, I Am Your Father.

Or Steve Martin in The Jerk who realizes he is not black.

WTH! I need this in my life

6 Likes

Hi @J_L,

Wow, that sounds amazing! Is it at certain fancier hotels in Tokyo? :slight_smile: Thanks.

So happy to hear one can get Japanese breakfast in Los Angeles! I love Japanese breakfast. The first time I had it was at. Four Seasoms Hotel, and I loved having fish and miso soup and pickles for breakfast. Now, if I see it on a room service menu, I always order it.

I’ve never gotten an egg, though. Is that a normal part of Japanese breakfast?

1 Like

Tokyo Station Hotel

1 Like

Raw egg on natto on rice. Enough gooshy sliminess to choke even a snail.

Hotel food in Japan is actually pretty darn good. Even the buffets are really good.

2 Likes

Yum. I have heard of that, but not a fried or poached egg. Do you think it’s for the Americans? Because we freak out over raw eggs?