Warrior's not-tasty-food restaurant: threat or menace?

I didn’t say anything like that. People used to be all freaked out by the “Tristan chord” in Tristan and Isolde. Nowadays it barely sounds dissonant. People enjoy dissonance.

Try grapefruit sorbet with hot fudge.

1 Like

You’re opening up a restaurant?

1 Like

Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.

3 Likes

Thats a good idea! Right!

To me it tasted like vomit. And the restaurant that served it to me closed.

1 Like

Peony: I disagree with Warrior. I don’t think serving food that “shocks people’s senses” will work :thinking:. People may not come back to the restaurant again if they can’t swallow anything and have to leave the restaurant hungry…

2 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Backseat moderators, have at it

Just want to make sure I understand your shared review here. You visited a new pizza spot - ordered a pizza with several ingredients incongruent with your liking- and lo and behold didn’t enjoy the food. Further, if you were ever to give this pizza a thumb’s up, the chef would have to choose an entirely different cheese to make it work for you. Did I miss anything?

13 Likes

No. You got it. This is par for this reviewer’s method of “analysis.”
It’s free and it’s logic free

11 Likes

I assume the whole Langer’s fiasco?

Don’t feed the ____ (just sayin’). It doesn’t end well for anyone.

7 Likes

We gave a positive review before. I simply provided my opinion that I don’t care for the patate pizza.

1 Like

I think that’s a little harsh. They responded to someone else’s comment about a single dish on the menu saying that they didn’t like that dish and explaining why.

1 Like

A little harsh? Asking a reviewer if I understood their review after reading their negative report of a potato pizza THEY ORDERED w/ cream, ricotta, pecorino, provolone, parm from a reviewer a) doesnt like ricotta/ cream on pizzas b) prefers a sharper cheese with potato pizza? LOL

6 Likes

Cmon @KAS, you must know that @PeonyWarrior likes his/their restaurants to have no food at all.
They must assume you’ve already been nourished. Flavorless textures and whatnot…

6 Likes

Respectfully, I disagree.

Peony has a clear history of making very provocative comments and then not being responsive when other people have pointed out why such comments receive (a lot of) negative feedback. The lack of responsiveness is present even when some posters have been incredibly diplomatic and patient.

Some of Peony’s comments (esp ones that are ont narrowly food-related) have been (IMHO) genuinely and blatantly offensive.

I can easily understand why some other posters here might be exceedingly tired of this pattern.

All JMHO.

8 Likes

I personally enjoy Peony comments (even though I may disagree with many of the opinions).

2 Likes

Splitting hairs, but it seems to be more like Warrior’s comments you may be referring to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, I meant to put PeonyWarrior and then I spaced out.

Yes, there is one of the two that I think is just fine, and then…

I would expect a fairly sharp cheese flavor with pecorino and provolone, and with all those cheeses I wouldn’t expect the flavor to be dominated by bland ricotta and cream.

It might be reasonable to criticize him if he ordered it again and made the same complaint, like that bread-hating guy who used to post here.

1 Like