Weekend in Rosarito?

I’m taking a quick weekend from LA down to Rosarito with my significant eater. Both of us are vax’d and boosted, and we will be staying in a private home.

Does anyone have any dining favorites? Any meal is good. We will be inside and outside, and have our own car.

Thanks!

We ate well at El Nido some years back.

1 Like

I think we liked lunch so much that we went back for breakfast.

1 Like

Popotla is not far, just past Puerto Nuevo.

Or Tacos El Yaqui (only if the line is not too long for me)

2 Likes

Tacos el yaqui is amazing def go if mine isn’t too long.

Carnitas la flor de michoacan, great carnitas and breakfast foods huevos rancheros etc.

Carnitas La Flor de Michoacan #2
Blvd. Benito Juárez 306, Zona Centro, 22710 Rosarito, B.C., Mexico
+52 661 612 0433
https://goo.gl/maps/s51mtuLgBXVGS1Qm8

Birria el cunado, favorite birria spot in the area. They only do birria/queso tacos with birria.

Birrieria El Cuñado
México 1 742, Villas de Rosarito, 22713 Rosarito, B.C., Mexico
https://goo.gl/maps/j7XZWTwYsqaenvNN6

In front of the 7/11 south of birria cunado a woman sells burros in the morning they are fucking awesome.

Titos mariscos, great mariscos shack. Known for fried fish tacos the size of your fist.

Tito’s Mariscos, Playas de Rosarito
Calle José Haros Aguilar, Parcela 39, 22710 Rosarito, B.C., Mexico
+52 661 120 0657
https://goo.gl/maps/a4fxu724FjhtR3cc6

Are just staying around rosarito or driving further down to Ensenada etc?

2 Likes

Likely Rosarito only but it’s all by ear.

Thank you very much!

Also Ollie’s pizza a little further south but great dinner place for pizza and wine. Everyone staying at club marena and gaviotas goes there.

If you’re looking for a more elevated food experience would recommend the valle or Ensenada. Could drive down for the day to eat and wine taste

2 Likes

Thank you all for your notes! However I stayed in San Antonio del Mar, which is north of Rosarito. We got into town once but I couldn’t muster support for a food driven driving tour. We ate where convienent to park and small lines, and went on our way.

2 Likes

Did you go anywhere of note? I rarely stop south of Tijuana until rosarito. Would love to try a place If there’s anything good

I’ve eaten here and enjoyed it - however they were closed for some kind of construction project. Moderately priced, table service and there are ocean view tables on a patio for maximum dolphin sighting potential.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-conrado-tijuana?osq=Restaurants

1 Like

This place is amazing! One of my buddies took me here and we bought a ton of seafood. $10 buckets of oysters, clams, and mussels that were so fantastic. We steamed the clams and mussels in beer and garlic, so tender and sweet. 10 kg yellow fin tuna for $90, we fabricated and ate it raw, incredible! Grilled shrimp and halibut tacos, so fresh, so flavorful.

Highly recommend!

6 Likes

@A5KOBE,

Agree, great place! We also got some churros from someone on the beach that are still legend in my family. Glad you enjoyed it!

1 Like

Because @hungryhungryhippos mentioned above:

Mariscos Tito

La Flor de Michoacán

3 Likes

Some more Rosarito options

Roble de raiz de La mesa

Mariscos los cabos

Birrieria Guadalajara

4 Likes

Love flor and Mariscos Tito. Love the massive fish tacos and don’t sleep on breakfast at flor.

Roble de raíz a la mesa: great place for breakfast/brunch

Mariscos El Caiman (good ceviches, aguachiles and cocktails):

Birrieria El Cuñado (good birria but personally like Guadalajara restaurant better).

Some delicious suadero pizza from an otherwise forgettable winery in Valle:

4 Likes

Went to cunado today and loved like usual.

Also found a lady on the side of the road that does great guisados and comida casera. It’s right behind the 7-11 that merges the cuota and the libre road in Rosarito sur. She’s parked on the northbound side right before you hit the 7-11 parking lot. Had molida and papas. The guy next to me was eating what looked to be a spicy shank with tendon. And at the other table stewed chicharon.

Also found a new seafood spot. We went to popotla but none of the restaurants looked good and Estrella was empty.

So we went to tacos marlyn. It’s in Rosarito east of the cuota. A little hard to find but judging by the crowds a local gem. Everything was delicious fish, shrimp, quesadilla, tostadas. But the real highlight was the Mariscos stew which was like 80% seafood and 20% stew. Def a must stop for myself next time.

4 Likes

Guisados la vianda

Closer to Ensenada in the San Miguel area where the road splits off to the Valle.

I’ve started to really get into guisados. We got the borrego and chicharron guisas. Chicharron tasted almost like carnitas but stewed in red Chile.

And the frijoles were also delicious.

Went to the ladies stand in the post mentioned above and had puerco guisa in a brown mole and caldo de res also delicious.

1 Like

Also near San Miguel, Nueva jaliciense.

Bill esparza swears by these saying they are the best in Baja.

I like these ones, the ones at Felix, and marlyn.

Not sure on what order but all top notch.

1 Like

Tacos el sureno in Rosarito.

Known for their fritanga tacos and also being open 24 hours.

Thought the tripa was good but the suadero was too salty. Not the best fritanga I’ve ever had but scratches the itch. Huge portions of meat which is a plus.

2 Likes