West Hollywood recommendation

Thank you!

Dan Tana’s is pretty much Spago expensive?

If you’re looking for good food, Dan Tana’s isnt it…It’s about the atmosphere. You go there late night after drinking.
That said, Dan Tana’s is one of my favorite spots in the city.

And yes IT IS expensive, close to Spago honestly.

1 Like

Actually, I would disagree. The pasta is not good but these dishes are very good:

Steak
Lamb Chops
Whitefish
Chicken Beckerman (all dark meat)
Chicken Parm
Steamed Clams
Cesar
Drinks

Also the portions are huge. Two people could share most of the main dishes and they are happy to plate it that way.

1 Like

@Thor like I said, it’s one of my favorite spots in the city…I have a dan tana’s pin on my jean jacket.

I love the chicken parm, and have had the steak which was pretty good…but for the price you could hit something like Cut or Spago tbh…and obviously Bestia / Felix.

that said, go to Dan Tanas still its legendary.

Oh no - here we go with the Tana-philes and Tana-phobes!

Tanas for visitors is just plain silly, IMHO, unless they go in knowing a lot about it, and being ready to spend a lot of dough.
The dishes Thor recommends are all fine, but other than the steak they are a total rip-off (the steak is just a partial rip-off).
So, if one can handle the cost, wants a healthy dose of kitschy history, combined with seeing hip young-Hollywood (later) and not-so-hip old-Hollywood (earlier) it can be a fun evening with mediocre food.

2 Likes

@CiaoBob agreed

I’m seconding AOC and Jar. As for Dan Tana’s, if you’re looking for old-school Hollywood, drive a few minutes down the road to Musso & Frank’s. It’s not exactly modern California cuisine, but it’s an experience. Lobster thermidor!

1 Like

Wolf wasn’t mentioned yet.

I like Lucques the most probably.

1 Like

+1. And how good could the pasta be? It’s Barilla.

Dan Tanas > Musso’s IMO

Homophobic pasta!?!

Enthusiastic +1 on A.O.C. Just went tonight (first and only other visit was many yrs ago). Everything was fantastic (we had the prosciutto de parma, 3 cheese selection, farro and black rice, pappardelle, hanger steak, and chocolate torta). The farro was INSANE, and one of the best bites of the year for me. Wonderfully subtle but attentive service. Patio is beautiful.

3 Likes

MF is not even a part of the conversation. DT is great for what it is. I think you either go to Jinpchi, matsuhisa or sushi park. Other than that pick scene or view.