WFD #1 - The First FTC Edition

Hey @Novelli was it a mad house? It seems like it’s already a mad house on the weekends… just curious how it’s different than going on a regular day…more lobster options?

Aw, man. I love the way you eat!

It wasn’t too bad. We usually go early on to avoid the crowds, but it was so hot yesterday, we had to wait it out a bit to cope. The lines were very long, but moved very fast (looked worse than it was). They were crankin’ these lobsters out of multiple hoist contraptions assembly line style. It can get pricey, but it supports my local town in a lot of ways, so I’m happy to contribute…and eat.

drool

Cool - sounds like it was well organized.

I sauteed shallot, chives, capers, a smoked tomato, garlic, onion, and ??? At the end added ‘chunks’ of shrimp. And this wonderful wedge salad. Which I’ve been making over and over again. I didn’t have any creme fraiche so upped the mayo. The lemon juice and zest really make this. Recipe: Modern Wedge Salad

1 Like

Last night, brined and then grilled pork chops, flat bread with hummus and baba ganoush, and a tomato/feta/black olive salad. Easy, delicious. Tonight, pan roasted sausages planned. Prolly also some roasted yellow and sweet potatoes with garlic and herbs. Something green, tbd.

1 Like

you win!

Nice catholiver! :smile:

Looks delicious. Any particular brand of pasta you enjoy using?

Whatever’s on sale! And linguini. And thanks :slight_smile:

Can you share the recipe? Sounds good!

The recipe is linked to in my post. The lemony flavor just makes it IMO. Light.

Last night’s dinner was cream of chanterelle mushroom soup, wedge salad and garlic bread sticks. We have a panini grill and brush sourdough bread slices with garlic infused oo, and grill. Then cut them in ‘sticks.’ So good and easy.

2 Likes

A simple and flavorful dinner. Grilled pork chops and baby eggplants. Sauteed spinach. And Bob makes the very best sauteed mushrooms (s&p and garlic powder in butter).

5 Likes

Very nice catholiver! :smile:

I keep forgetting to take pix of my own dinners at home. I’m so not used to doing that (only when going out). :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try to remember this week.

1 Like

Tonight’s dinner at my house was a low carb adaptation of an old fashioned Cantonese comfort dish: Steamed chicken, pork & lop cheung sausage with shitakes, garlic, green onion, ginger, soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice wine & cilantro. Served with steamed cauliflower rice. Not the loveliest presentation but the flavor was spot on & it hit the spot!

4 Likes

I made tofu with a Moroccan-inspired marinade, Ethiopian-style collard greens, baked sweet potatoes, roasted carrots, rice, a Moroccan carrot salad (recipe from Joy the Baker), and an Indian-inspired tomato soup.

1 Like

Hey rwc,

wow! Nice. :smile: At first I read your description about “low carb” and was glancing at your pic and thinking, “How is a bowl of White Rice ‘low carb’?!” LOLOL :laughing:

Then I looked more closely and read that you used Cauliflower. Very nice!

2 Likes

WFD tonight? I’m leaning towards General Tso’s Chicken. We had some at a Vietnamese restaurant in Montreal that was unbelievably delicious. I could not stop eating. I’m trying to copy it as best I can. Tomorrow we have the shrimp truck from Galveston coming. Shrimp and crab are on my shopping list. I’m thinking it has been a long time since we had fried shrimp.

Last night was a pot of copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. It was cool and drizzling, so perfect soup weather. Had french bread with butter as a side.

Tonight we’re having pan seared tilapia with rice pilaf and roasted broccoli. I’m going to season the tilapia with some Cajun seasoning and pan sear it in some butter, and squeeze some lemon over the top when it’s done.