What could possibly fill the space that Callender's Grill on Wilshire has vacated

Ha! I worked on the 5th floor 1995-2000 for Aaron Spelling TV, when we were housed there. Betcha didn’t know Beverly Hills 90201 and The Love Boat had gone on in that building! :stuck_out_tongue:
(what is left of that, since they corporate merged with CBS, has since relocated a few blocks down the street to 6100 Wilshire)
The exterior of 5700 was used as the visual shot for the office work building in our show ‘Melrose Place.’

Sure I did. I’ve been here a loooong time. I used to see Fonzi in our elevator as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny, I worked in that building too.

1 Like

Evidently 5700 Wilshire is an FTC breeding ground

4 Likes

And as of today your cousin Nemroz is the last of the Mohicans

2 Likes

arrrggghhh—I just saw your post. I just got home from my deadline and packing up my cube. We never got to meet up for lunch (my fault) as I ended up eating @ my desk most of the time. This gig is just too time consuming to leave the building and drive someplace for lunch with our weekly deadlines. I barely even went out to the farmers market… :frowning:

1 Like

Worked at 5700 for 6 years --also saw the Fonz on a regular basis, and Seth McFarland and all the Family Guys folks as well (they were on our floor). Moved down the block to 5900 Wilshire so still the same neighborhood and still hit the same spots/trucks to eat. Marie Callenders was close, but not so good, save for happy hour. Taqueria Los Anaya within lunch range (okay, a bit of a drive), plus Commerson on La Brea, Eleven City Diner west of La Brea and a bunch of places coming to the building at Crescent Heights and Wilshire, i.e., Uovo, HiHo Cheeseburger, and KazuNori – things are pretty good for the neighborhood food wise.

3 Likes

Hiho wow!!!

1 Like

I would occasionally go to Farmers Market for lunch when I worked at 5700 Wilshire but that was 20 years ago and it was a different animal. The Grove mall was not there at all, had not even been conceived! What Grove stands on now was spacious surface-level parking lot. It was bland, free, and never any problem finding a space. I’d enjoy browsing the wing of little indie shops that since were razed to make way for what’s now the Fairfax-entry parking area. Thank goodness the food court was spared. I’d sometimes get a ready-to-go fruit salad from the produce guy or something from The Gumbo Pot, both of which are still there.

1 Like

Oh yea, been ages since I shared the elevator with Seth. My favorite celeb so far was Gainan… i mean Whoopy. We even greeted each other. I’ve been here so long that I wore out all the local food options and mostly we drive to Koreatown, Anaya and multiple places southeast from here.

1 Like

A couple times I rode the 5700 elevator with Aaron Spelling himself…he was a real sweetheart, bubbly personality, nice to everybody. Came to work in Hawaiian shirts. Also his close exec Duke Vincent, whose name you’ll see in the shows’ screen credits.

I actually meant the weekly farmers market that is in the courtyard/parking circle between the two buildings. As far as the Original Farmers Market @ 3rd & Fairfax----they were actually my client at my previous job (we handled all of their advertising/creative needs). I spent many hours over there working with the marketing department and all of the various merchants. The history of the place is really interesting and there are some decent eats to be found.

3 Likes

Had no idea about the 5700 Wilshire farmers market. It definitely was not in existence weekdays back when I worked there 1996-2000.