What is Belcampo doing to "my" burger?

[quote=“noddles, post:15, topic:43, full:true”]we’re all left wondering how you’ve come to the position where you had to consume food masticated by kindergartners. :laughing:
[/quote]
in a severely anti-food waste household (with kids). we eat food dropped on the [very clean] floor, and sometimes, just sometimes, say… when a chunk of $19/lb belcampo pork rib is involved, i’ll eat it even if someone had spat it out. IDGAF.

[quote]I could barely taste that wonderful beef patty under the blanket of overwhelmingly sweet caramelized onion flavor in Belcampo’s cheeseburger.
[/quote]
i can see how that’s may be a issue to some. it’s certainly not nearly as bad as the FO burger, nor the atrociously drowned Petit Trois disaster – that thing is a like a burger ahogada salt bomb – but anywho. Belcampo, unlike PT, allows menu changes. Ask for the burger straight up: cheese, meat.

Let us know how it goes.

Haven’t had Badmaash’s lamb burger, but I wasn’t too fond of the lamb burger at Belcampo GCM…Now, their pulled lamb belly sandwich is fantastic!

Is that why I find it oddly appealing…? Hmmm…

1 Like

That’s exactly why I’m not a fan of FO’s burger and why I’ve been avoiding Petit Trois’ as well. And thanks, didn’t know Belcampo allowed changes; it seems like the norm nowadays for restaurants to deny any sort of substitution.

Understood. That’s all you needed to say.

Curious to hear your (or anyone else’s) opinion on Golden State’s lamb burger, which is my personal favorite. Although, I do have questionable taste…

Curious to hear your (or anyone else’s) opinion on Golden State’s lamb
burger, which is my personal favorite. Although, I do have questionable
taste…

It’s my favorite, too. Love Golden State’s Lamb Burger! :heart:

1 Like

haven’t had cuz my GPS usually tells me: “No to Normandie”, “Fuck Fairfax”. That said, I think GS has one of the finest “neighborhood” burgers in all of LA.

Finally, and this is kinda my tired Belcampo trope: they raise their own livestock. Priceless and incomparable.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll tell them tony said keep the jizz sauce away

Golden State Lamb burger is the one that I want…ooh ooh ooh

1 Like

wasn’t/isn’t the lamb burger at golden state only available one day of the week?

golden state is a great burger, but i think the belcampo one is better, if you stay away
from their gross “ketchup.”

linus

My Belcampo burger at GCM rare & wonderful…

1 Like

Damn. Now I really want one of those fucking GCM burgers

1 Like

fastin’ ain’t easy.

1 Like

eh, it ain’t that hard. that and atoning makes everything taste better.

linus

1 Like

Just had the lamb burger at the Santa Monica location. A really satisfying lunch after walking around at the SMFM.

1 Like

How do you think it compares to Golden State’s? I think I’ve tried the Belcampo one (think my partner ordered it, and I took a bite), but I’ve never been to GS.

I had both and I actually liked Golden State’s more than the Belcampo Lamb Burger. Side note I did not like my meal at the Santa Monica Belcampo (poor service and expensive) I was much happier at GCM.

2 Likes

I like the condiments on Belcampo’s burger better, but for the actual meat, I like GS. Maybe I’m just weird, but I thought the lamb at GS was gamier than the Belcampo one, hence why I like it better.

Service was quick and friendly, but it was lunchtime on a Wednesday so not at all crowded.

1 Like

And there were the fasters which may have pointed to a slower Wed than usually.

49 posts were split to a new topic: Belcampo mislabeled meat scandal