What is new that is must try for quick LA trip

Same owners but very different experience. Almost like a hipster Jewish deli, if that makes any sense. For my money, it’s some of the very best food in town, and I actually prefer it to Gjelina. It’s very chill at dinner time and there is plenty of seating then. However, it’s not a full-service restaurant, as @robert noted.

3 Likes

THAT SANDWICH!!! I need this is in my life.

Try Norah in WeHo. I think they opened shortly after you left, but they are more in the vein of “fine dining,” though with a distinctly more casual and hip concept. Very popular place right now. If you check out the menu, we tried the iron skillet cornbread (best iteration of this newly retro dish), and about 6 items from the “Second” list (eggplant & cauliflower; summer squash & burrata; heirloom tomatoes; roasted broccolini; uni butter poached shrimp; and the maltagliati) plus 2 excellent desserts. Tasty cocktails too.

1 Like

Seconded. I view it as a totally different experience and I like it quite a bit more than Gjelina. While not ideal and a very slight hassle at times, I don’t find their seating/standing options to be that off-putting. I think it’s a must try.

2 Likes