What’s your current favorite place to dine solo in LA < $100?

Shibumi’s great for a solo diner, but it’s not under $100.

2 Likes

Ain’t nothing wrong with Micky D’s! Love it.

I’m also looking to hit up Napa Rose again soon to refresh my memory. But I think they’ve upped their price and lengthened their tasting menu.

4 Likes

I edited my post to remove Napa Rose. I got it confused with the world renowned temple of culinary excellence: The Stinking Rose

Apologies to all.

5 Likes

This is my favorite place to go solo for a drink and/or food

the least expensive tasting is $95 before tt

I think they might be a bit more lax about the prix fixe only rule if you are solo and visit during off-peak times

WTF, ever since me and my minions deprived you of WF Bacon Bar bacon I’m your favorite target.

Besides, Salsa & Beer or Zacatecas would be mine LOL

6 Likes

Dan Tana’s bar, you can order half orders of everything

3 Likes

Perhaps a basic choice, but I like dining solo at Hillstone. Big comfy booths, relaxed atmosphere, and the food is all good.

8 Likes

I once went to Outback by mistake, having confused it with Houston’s / Hillstone.

3 Likes

Omakase at Shintaro, sitting in front of Take-san.

I swear I’ve posted about it. Went the other day, wonderful. That shrimp toast is tremendous, portion sizes are decent, wine is good. It’s at the top of my list in the silverlake/echo park/Los Feliz/HLP category.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recs, everyone. I ended up going to Eszett the other night. I got the shrimp toast and big fries. Unfortunately, I was not on an empty stomach and that was enough to fill me up. So, I wasn’t able to try anything else. But the shrimp toast was great! My fries were over-salted (I love salt), so they were just ok.

Like you said, great neighborhood spot.

4 Likes

Art and Fish is sadly closed permanently last time I checked.

Did have a fantastic solo lunch at Petit Trois a few months ago.
Jamon Beurre sandwich is indeed very tasty.
Fries were awesome as usual. And just FYI, the fryer is filled with clarified butter!
Add a couple Kronenbourgs to wash it all down.

Went to the Arts District Father’s Office recently as well.
Burger was on point. Really nice to revisit a classic.

6 Likes