What they're saying about us on Mouthfuls

Someone want to give me the Cliffs Notes version of the mouthfuls thread? It’s 7 pages long at this point - what’s the beef with us?

Leaving CH isn’t just about the new layout (although, for me, it is, since I can’t get it to work on my phone at all (I get the same thread listed again and again and again), but the developers attitude toward us. I particularly loved that post where we were told that the tags are simple, just go look at all 4,000 of them to become familiar with them.

ipse,
give it a try.

There’s a brief thread called “Welcome Chowhound Refugees!”

David,
Check out Sneakeater’s apology below. Pretty sincere.

tony, i am acknowledging you. woo woo.

linus

sneakeater:
your “feeling” about CH, and whatever hallucinations you may have about it’s future,
are not grounded in reality.
that said, you are entitled to whatever fantasies you like. …

i have all the REAL emails from marssy and MANY screenshots.
gotta say, though, am somewhat surprised by your pollyanna attitude here. . . .

TonyC has it nailed.
i concur with him.

3 Likes

Now that’s what I’m fucking talking about.

I think Sneak was just taking a meta view of things. He’s a pretty grounded guy and, other than Facebook, I don’t think he misses much, whether in food, wine, music, law, etc.

Ohmigod, now I’m dying to see the e-mails…

Prepare to be bored (I’m guessing).

Wow, some pretty nasty territorial personalities on that site. Very off-putting.

Think of a melding of BIG NURSE and a bad, overbearing, self-absorbed, 2nd grade teacher.

Basically, just one guy, Soba, who seems to have forgotten to take his meds or something.

I agree with others. It’s not the format change. It’s the mods and attitude. These mods were never part of the original CH community so they have no idea what the site is supposed to be.

I personally got tired of them letting the troll known as bacoman, williambecket or whatever other iterations he created run wild creating offensive posts but then ban solid long time contributors for critiquing the site or moderation.

That attitude extends beyond the site format and is why there will be no changes to the site format. I stopped posting in Jan because I was not going to help those clowns generate revenue.

Maybe if traffic dies down enough to the point where advertisers stop paying for ads, then you will see a change (ie. when current mods and brain trust are fired).

Two can play this game.

4 Likes

I agree completely with your quote above and that’s seriously ain’t no fucking joke.

Oy. I imagine all that came w/ a side of incompetence and being overly concrete? The mods’ responses to the ire created over the formatting changes (and, ultimately, to their heavy-handed and haphazard “moderating”) was so bizarrely simplistic that I was really hoping that they were simply towing the party line to keep their jobs (b/c the alternative – that that’s who they simply as are people – is terrifying).

Ew. Good riddance, I say.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. While I was still clicking in, I wasn’t providing content after the way that I was treated.

1 Like