What to make with a boatload of broccoli, mushrooms and asparagus?

got these from costco and don’t know what to do with them? a casserole?

Frittatas? I’d do mushrooms and asparagus separately from broccoli, which tends to dominate everything. Broccoli, feta, black olives, and garlic are a great combination.

I’d sautee the veggies with a bunch of minced garlic. When crisp-tender, stir into barely al dente vermicelli and dump into casserole dish. Cover with a good amount of grated cheese, drizzle with small amount of milk, cover and bake until cheese is melted.

Stir-fry.

1 Like

Not what you asked perhaps, but some months ago I very successfully FoodSavered and froze a bunch of morels. They look awful but still taste great.

Soup, gratin, omelets.

Or put a handful or two of a vegetable into a sautée pan, add one knob of butter and a quarter cup stock, bring to a simmer, cover, cook on low 3 minutes, uncover, cook until the texture is to your taste, adding more stock judiciously, if necessary.

You want to end up with glazed vegetables, so the stock should be cooked off by the time the veggies are done.

This is a great snack or side dish; you can also toss the cooked veg with finishing oil and Parmesan, or soy sauce, sesame oil and chili flakes, or zaatar, or add a squeeze of lemon.

I eat pounds of vegetables cooked this way.

1 Like

for me personally, I’d make up a nice batch of bagna cauda and bust out a nice chilled bottle of white wine.

maybe buy a package of bacon and go yakitori? LOL

1 Like

Second that!