What's cookin'?

When you forget to tell your butcher to remove the chine bone from your rack of pork. This is going down for 4 hours in sous vide and a nice sear.

4 Likes

Could you, if not too late, take a pic of it in the ‘cooker’ please?

Sorry. All cooked and eaten.

Got a couple of little butternut squash in the CSA box, so I made a gratin with Manchego, butter, eggs, and nutmeg.

3 Likes

That is so badass!

1 Like

That squash turned out more like a spoonbread or savory pudding than a gratin. Definitely a keeper.

http://lauriston.com/recipes.html#squash_spoonbread

Wow, that looks yummy!

I took a quick peek at the recipe, wonder if I could also make it with pumpkin? I mean, since you are pureeing the cooked squash, couldn’t I simply start with a puree (aka canned pumpkin…)?

Sure. I think most canned pumpkin is butternut squash anyway.

The stuff from China? I agree. The color is so much lighter and it’s not as sweet. But the grown in America, Libby’s stuff? Feels like pumpkin to me!

Give me a bit to try your recipe with pumpkin and report back. Feels like it could be such an easy, joyous T-day side dish!

1 Like

My gruyere potato sauteed onion mozzarella Sicilian last night. NO RECIPE

8 Likes

Bello .

I think I need to bake it hotter and on the stone. It’s drying out too much

I’ve used this technique and like it a lot.

The short ribs with that nice layer of fat. So delicious.

3 Likes

Yes that’s the basics of my pizza doughs but I’ve trying to perfect Sicilian (pan pizza). Round pizza I can make easily

I was really referring to the cooking technique. Pre-heating at super high for a long time, etc.

This better be worth the price!

Tomato sauce…gonna add a clove of garlic and some basil.

As long as I don’t over cook the angel hair I think it should be tasty.

5 Likes

How was it?

NY strip. Buy one get one free this week at Bristol Farms with a coupon. 10th anniversary dinner with a nice bottle my friend gifted us.

8 Likes