What's cookin'?

What does what accomplish?

What does starting a new thread accomplish. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

I just don’t know how to do a cat. I want to reply to the original poster. And not post to the last one. I’m not that good at computers or smartphones. Not being snotty. I think I’m just doing it wrong.

2 Likes

So just go to the post you want to reply to and click “reply.” Maybe I’m missing something here.

If you don’t want to reply to a particular post, go to the bottom and click that Reply button.

You mean like this one?

Hanging my head in guilt :frowning: My Anova has been packed away a long, long time after never really having anything that knocked my socks off. I SHALL get it out and report back. Thanks.

1 Like

Temperature control, consistency, different flavor/outcome, e.g. a tender steak taste very different when cooked SV or conventional (not saying one is better but they are different tools to cook something)

What have you tried it with? I’ve come to find it does some things exceptionally well and others subpar compared to traditional and sometimes even easier methods.

IIRC, it was things like tough cuts of steak. ??? the cut. I’d read glowing comments - not here - about the tenderness and flavor. We got the tenderness but blah flavor. A friend of mine really likes chicken breasts. I just need to pull it out of that bottom cabinet and get back to work. Thanks to y’all for weighing in.

More pasta - my go-to when we get home midafternoon and have nothing planned and little on hand.

Sauteed red onion and grape tomatoes with RPF, s&p. After sauteeing, turned off the heat and tossed in peas. Chopped cilantro, a beaten egg and grated Parm in a bowl. When the pasta was almost done, reheat the 'sauce and cook some chopped shrimp.

2 Likes

What’s RPF?

LOL. Red Pepper Flakes. Sorry. A frequent term ‘over there.’

found myself in a tooth extraction of my 4 wisdom spots on friday so i’ve been on a chewing to a minimum diet. had purchased some yukon golds for a cheesy gallete but turned it into a leek and potato soup instead. topped with chopped pickles and chives, splash of olive oil. first used some smoked chicken feet i had in the freezer to make my stock in the pressure cooker

3 Likes

That soup looks and sounds wonderful. I had to look and think before I figured out the top photo. Did you smoke the chicken feet or can you buy them somewhere?

Nice looking . For eggplant parmigiana ?

Elaborate please. :slight_smile:

2 Likes