What's cookin'?

rigatoni with beef ragù seasoned with caraway and smoked paprika

1 Like

rigatoni, onion, eggplant, tomato, olive oil, Pecorino Romano

Persian cucumber, whole-milk Chobani, shallots, garlic, olive oil, pepper

1 Like

Salade Périgourdine with goose gizzard confit, walnuts, walnut oil, and red wine vinegar

1 Like

Arròs negre: that Aneto mix is pretty good.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Since I’m saving my $$-$$$ takeaway dining dollars for Cal-French (Melisse and Republique), modern American (Vespertine) and Mediterranean (Bavel), getting chirashi sushi is outside of my budget so I made some at home using a sushi mix commonly sold at Japanese markets (Sushi Taro) and added some maguro tuna and hamachi from the Asian market’s sashimi section.

Also topped it with shredded nori seaweed, homemade egg omelette strips, shiso chiffonade, diced Persian cucumber, and masago fish eggs from my freezer. Prepped 3 portions - ate one that day and refrigerated the other 2 for future meals.

10 Likes

Wacky menu inspired by the need to make room in the fridge: Spanish rice, leftover sweet potatoes with bacon and anchovies, leftover arròs negre, leftover Madhur Jaffrey-style beets, sort of skordalia made from leftover cucumber-yogurt-shallot-garlic stuff and mashed potatoes.

2 Likes

caprese

picanha / culotte / sirloin cap roast

7 Likes

I’m gonna cook outside on my camp stove a lot more now since friends can’t visit inside.

Some simple garlic shrimp

And cheesy corn I’m always going to make in the summer. So easy and everyone mind blown

12 Likes

Though it’ll all eventually end up in the same place anyways (the gullet), I’m really hoping you’re gonna combine the shrimp with the corn?

3 Likes

We go to Seattle several times a year and have picked up a lobe of foie gras a couple of times. I cut them in thirds, vacuum seal and freeze. Here was last night’s dinner. Foie, grilled peach, champagne grapes, arugula salad and toast.

7 Likes

Its all about the sear

6 Likes

Looks like the same ci skillet I cook on .

1 Like

That reminds me, I’ve got a 100-day-dry-aged T-bone in the fridge.

Creekstone? 100-day-dry-aged T-bone from Cream Co. Given the chilly, smoky weather, I cooked this in a skillet. I seared the fat on the strip, seared the steak in the rendered fat, then finished it in a 225° oven for a few more minutes. Nice and beefy, rich and filling. Best steak I’ve had since last time I was at APL.

I forgot that the tenderloin is so boring compared with the strip, but they didn’t have any 100-day ribeyes.

Is this one of the vintage/old beef?

Don’t think so. If it’s Creekstone, definitely not.

soupe au pistou with cannellini, onion, carrots, zucchini, and green beans

2 Likes

First gazpacho of the season. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before, given the glut of tomatoes resulting from getting CSA boxes from two farms.

Which I just learned are apparently neighbors.

Greek yogurt, cukes, garlic and oregano really worked as a dip for Lula kebab

4 Likes