3 tbsp. diced red onion

2 stalks celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
1/4 cup diced Sonoma Brinery dill pickle
2 tbsp. capers, drained
black pepper

3 Likes

Yet another pizza on the steel. We’re so hooked on it. Every time we make one - probably once a week - we continue to talk about how much better it is than any we’ve done on a stone.

5 Likes

I used the J. Kenji method for the potatoes, put them in two quarts of cold water with two tablespoons each salt and rice vinegar, brought to a boil, simmered ten minutes, drained, put back in the pot and tossed with another tablespoon of rice vinegar, then spread on a cookie sheet to cool for half an hour.

Overall the salad could have used a little more acid (Sonoma Brinery pickles are lacto-fermented so not as vinegary-sour as most recipes expect) and maybe six hard-boiled eggs.

2 Likes

These boletus were picked today in the Shasta forest. Given to me from a friend. I’ll saute them along with Monterey anchovies that were previously frozen.

8 Likes

Orecchiette con cime di rapa: anchovies, fresh garlic, olive oil, broccoli rabe. It’s interesting how much recipes vary in the proportions, some are roughly 1:1 pasta and greens, some are 1:2.

4 Likes

That looks delicious!

I was happy with it. Next time might use more greens.

orecchiette, backyard favas, olive oil, onion, fresh garlic, tomato, Pecorino Romano

3 Likes

Best fried rice I’ve ever made. The secret? Leftover fried rice.

Sauteed onion, red bell pepper, and red cabbage in rice bran oil; added leftover garlic fried rice, ong choy, and and sauteed crab meat from Great China; broke up clumped rice; added diced leftover grilled fatty rib-eye. Left for flavors to mingle for an hour or two, then tossed on high heat for a few minutes. Cucina del frigo at its best.

1 Like

Asian Surf and Turf :slight_smile:

Lambsquarter. Haven’t had any in four years.

1 Like

Nice recipe. re procedure, I have great success by letting cubed hot potatoes cool in a couple of tablespoons white wine vinegar before tossing with remaining ingredients. Seems to provide just the right degree of tartness.

Was this 1:1? Looks quite tasty, but I agree w/ adding more greens.

It was one bunch. I don’t know exactly what the proportion was, I didn’t weigh them.

1.5 lbs. of California sour cherries from Berkeley Bowl. They were in very good shape, only had to toss maybe a dozen.

3 Likes

2 Likes