What's cookin'?

Yes

1 Like

Watching Inspector Montalbano I got inspired to try making something like pasta 'ncasciata. I made what I thought was three portions. Over the course of a week or so it ended up being three meals for two and one lunch for me.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll start doing that.

Yep, prepping ahead seems like a pain, but it makes everything easier. I prep. I’m just a slow cook.

Especially with pasta I can get everything done EXCEPT the pasta hours ahead of time and dinner is then super quick and easy.

Got some Augie’s smoke meat, Trader Joe’s corn rye, and trick-can Guinness, and am braising Savoy cabbage with Benton’s bacon and onion. It’s not corned beef and cabbage, but there’s nothing Irish about that anyway.

4 Likes

It’s that time of year again . Reubens tomorrow. With Russian dressing.

5 Likes

How’d you do it?

Nice cut from premier meats lake Shasta city. Uncured . I would just put a 1/2 cup of water in the crockpot next time. 4 1/2 # cut . Cook for 7 1/2 hrs on low .

1 Like

With corning mix or whatever you call it?

Corning mix .Wtf is that . Just straight up good product. Completely naked.

My husband had no cooking skills either - and I am too cheap to pay for meal service. So our compromise was buying a really good crock pot cookbook - and he cooked from it once a week. Made a huge difference in his skills, gave us nice healthy food that was budget friendly - and I was so happy to have a night off.

We stopped doing it for a bit (#life) but I think we’ll be going back to that soon.

3 Likes

So do you recommend them? Want to make sure my friend knows about them if you do.

Why bother. I would not seek any of it out . When they are busting at the seams with the best food in the us .

Huh? Who/what’s busting at the seams?

Isn’t it corned beef?

Oh, uh, @Emglow101, I was talking about my friends in Mt. Shasta City.

Light dinner - Dutch white asparagus with mousseline sauce topped with shaved truffles and gran biscotto ham.

4 Likes

Misread your reply . Yes it was corned with no nitrates. From premier brand meats in Shasta lake city .

1 Like

Oh… To have that asparagus with a good baguette and a nice glass of white wine? Heaven. You do good work!

2 Likes