What's cookin'?

That baguette looks wonderful. Did you cook the pork?

That was just a made up recipe borrowed from dishes we’ve ordered at restaurants. We cook the carrots in air fryer with salt, cumin, paprika and harissa. The yogurt sauce was like a mix between tzazitki and raita - garlic, cucumbers, cumin and mint. Garnished with chopped toasted almonds, mint and fried shallots. I like the almonds better than pistachio but most recipes I’ve seen use pistachios…

3 Likes

Very nice, creative. I’m so behind when it comes to newish appliances. But I was looking up the air fryer and my countertop convection oven seems to have the right features. :slight_smile:

Speaking of convection, my MW is also a convection oven and it’s really large. I rarely need a second oven but when I do this is perfect.

1 Like

Interesting.

I’m so into my countertop convection oven that I still haven’t had my regular oven fixed or replaced. That’s why I haven’t made the peasant bread yet @Happybaker! Or the goose or the duck I’ve been threatening to make. :relaxed: I don’t think they’ll fit.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

While it says “over-the-range” I have it on one of those Costco stainless steel shelving units. Fits perfectly.

1 Like

Rare beef tenderloin, roasted asparagus and tomatoes and bread.

2 Likes

Yeah.

Care to talk about that? :smile:

I grilled it and finished with Jacobsen sea salt. Same with the baguette.

1 Like

I’ve swapped out the butter for good oo and use it on the beans and also salad. It’s awfully tasty.

I had a stale end of a Tartine counntry loaf and a big bunch of mizuna from our CSA box so I made Marcella Hazan’s zuppa dei poveri.

https://archives.sfweekly.com/foodie/2009/03/06/serious-bread-acmes-pain-au-levain

“Se non è zuppa è pancotto.”

1 Like

Some years ago we discovered Truckee Sourdough which is better than any sourdough we or our SF daughter knew of. So much so that when we would go there we’d take her a loaf. Then we discovered WF rosemary sourdough which we liked even better.

Colcannon / champ-inspired gratin of fresh onion, fresh garlic, chard stalks, dongchimi broth, mustard greens, turnip greens, and new potatoes topped with Tartine crumbs and Straus butter, all veg from the CSA box.

2 Likes

Never seen shrimp this big. They were called super colossal about 7 per lb. This is surf and turf for mothers day dinner.

8 Likes

Do we get to see your cheesy scalloped potatoes later? :wink:

Turned out a little watery but tasted good. Cooked according to the recipe with a roux. Might need to modify a bit next time. I might also par cook the potatoes next time.

2 Likes

Looks great - what is it? :smile:

Cheesy scalloped potatoes that my wife requested for Mother’s Day dinner.

Lol, I’ve been requested to make scalloped potatoes sometimes, but I don’t really get the concept.

I was raised to use thinly sliced leftover boiled potatoes with butter and milk (maybe cream or sour cream if it needed to be used up), and that’s it.

I get thrown for a loop when people want potato casserole with cheese, made from scratch.