What's easier than grilling things over charcoal?

Thanks I’m on it! That’s what it cost at ralphs for a half ass cut

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MKB5V1A

I just ordered one of these. I figure the push-button gas ignition will mean I’ll grill more often. They threw in professional assembly for free.

1 Like

looks like awesome functionality. gas ignition sounds lovely. too bad you don’t live here.

Man, the Weber 26 is by my favorite grill. I would recommend it over the Performer. So much grill real estate and the same Weber quality.

2 Likes

Please talk to us about that meat.

lamb leg cross cut rare? hell yea

Shoulder chops from a half lamb from Full Belly Farms, from which we get our weekly CSA box, which the broccoli and potatoes came from.

Great flavor, but to me it’s kind of a weird cut, I’d rather get the shoulder in blocks.

Had the exact same thought when someone gifted me a lamb a while back. There’s still lots you can do with the meat but kind of a bummer that some options are taken away

This cut looks great to me the way it was used. Grilled, kept super juicy. Lots of different areas to explore.

The big question is whether that’s indica or sativa in the jar behind the meat

The chops were delicious. Marinated in hard-stem red garlic, rosemary, Meyer lemon, salt, and olive oil for an hour. For chops I’d just rather have rib or loin.

Capsicum annum.

1 Like

We’ve been grilling those for decades. Thanks.

1 Like

I made a sort of ragoût with the three leftover chops and lentils. It was tasty but prepping the lamb reminded me of how much I hate those shoulder chops. Sawing a block of frozen meat into slices is not proper butchery.

1 Like

Looks amazing. The people of northern spain would say you’re a bout a cup of olive oil short there :stuck_out_tongue: try chickpeas or white beans also in this preparation instead of lentils sometime… saw that everywhere.

There’s a significant amount of olive oil in there. I used lentils, thyme, and garlic because I was thinking French. I make similar things with chickpeas, cannellini, or kidney beans all the time.

1 Like

i bet there is… i was just floored at how much is used there and what dif it makes.

1 Like

So one of the surprises/not surprises of restaurant closures is that butcher lets US buy the thick ass skirts for a change

10 Likes

Yakitori time. Hearts on fire. Wings too. Some shiitake and green onion. Homemade tare.

11 Likes

Mixed bag tonight. Bruschetta , salad , with pork ribs grilled over oak wood .

7 Likes

That looks fantastic