What's good in Long Beach?

Nice! You managed to hit up a lot of things during your conference stay. I’m a fan of the Marina Farmer’s Market, but wish some of my favorite vendors like Harry’s, Tenerelli, and Weiser farms went that way south. I enjoy the Bonjour yogurt, too…they make great breakfast during the week.
Side note…are all the Barstow Del Tacos run by the OG founder? My cousin lives in town and we’ve been stopping by on our way from from Vegas.

2 Likes

Yes, all three. He even drops in to work on occasion. I’ve seen him twice.

1 Like

Nice @CeleryVictor! You’re doing better than I. It reminds me to do a report on our fun little visit last summer. Thanks to this thread!

1 Like

Had a great soft shell crab appetizer and pizza at Michael’s. Excellent crust. Crumbled sausage and sopresatta pizza with chili oil is a winner. Easy 1 block walk to long beach creamery afterwards. Very much enjoyed their burnt caramel, LB crack and marshmallow ice cream.

If we lived closer we’d come down to the promenade area more often. This area is very nice but only a couple blocks away from downtown where it smells like urine every other block.

3 Likes

Long Beach Creamery is one of the best!

It’s pretty much under the radar from the foodie media. Salt-N-Straw and Humphrey Slo gets more coverage than them.

@matthewkang

2 Likes

100%. I told my wife I think Long Beach Creamery might be my new favorite. More approachable flavor combinations. Each flavor really showcased the main ingredients.

2 Likes

Sounds good. I’ve seen the flavors at both Slocombe and S&S, and they don’t appeal to me at all – too weird.

1 Like

Went by today (Sunday) at about 3:00 and the huge parking lot was completely full and the line was about 15 people out the door.

:frowning:

Agreed, they make a great pizza.

My friend has been making Joe Josts pickled eggs…so good with some pretzels!

3 Likes