What's the best frozen pizza?

I ordered some of Mangieri’s from Feed aka feedapp.com. One of the worse delivery app UIs I’ve encountered.

We bought the Margarita one today and I’ll cook it after heating the steel to 500 for 40 minutes!!!

Genio della Pizza broccoli rabe ($9.60 delivered from Feed not counting promotional discount or service fee) was very good. Better than some fresh slices. Cooked eight minutes, edge was crunchier than I needed it to be, next one I’ll try seven.

Box is annoyingly larger than necessary. I’m not sure it’s any better than the $5 Trader Joe’s.

3 Likes

We’re planning on that for tonight. I’m thinking about adding some mozzarella as I have it lying about.

Genio della Pizza Margherita ($12 without discount or service charge) was great. If it weren’t for the oversized box not being very compatible with my freezer I’d keep these on hand.

These are plenty crisp / crunchy baked on the oven rack. I don’t think a stone or steel would be a good idea.

1 Like

Why?

As I said, because it’s already plenty crisp / crunchy. They’re baked in a wood oven in Italy.

And the bottom was streaky brown?

Oh yeah.

LOL. Doing that TJs one and its bottom is already looking like that. I forgot that they’re already cooked :slight_smile:

I can’t believe how good that pizza is being done on the steel. This is the first ‘from frozen’, the others we’ve made from scratch. Six minutes and then per the ‘steel person’ rec two minutes under broil. We’ll be keeping one of these around. And will add other toppings which we usually have.

2 Likes

Here’s a leftover slice. Added a few onion slices. 500 for 6 minutes. Just as good as the first time through. I’m tickled by this.

4 Likes

Red Baron pizza . From dollar general. Slightly doctored up . With that drive in theater taste . Five dollars. Trader joes pizzas are great . Now theyv are over a hour away …

7 Likes

I have accidentally posted fly fishing on the lower mclouud .its where i live .

3 Likes

Post some of the fish you cook!

1 Like

Im a catch and release guy . Let em go . Sorry

6 Likes

Oh, I was about to ask if that was the Truckee. We used to live at Tahoe and had an hour drive to TJs.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pizza - recipes, equipment, tips & techniques

Thanks.

Genio della Pizza bianca: kind of one-note. Margherita’s the best of the three I tried.

1 Like