What's the best restaurant at Irvine Spectrum?

My expectations are pretty low so humor me.

Does it have to be at Spectrum proper? Fukada is just on the other side of the 405.
At Spectrum proper? I would choose PF Changs or Yard House.

2 Likes

Little Sister.

3 Likes

+1 Little Sister
+1 Fukada

We’ve been going to Little Sister regularly when we find ourselves at Spectrum.
Habana works, too, but only because the cocktails are better there. Little Sister food is better than Habana.

They have an LS at the spectrum now? Wow.

I guess it doesn’t have to be at Spectrum proper, but we’re staying at the Courtyard across the street so would prefer to just walk somewhere, especially since we’re going to be pre-partying before the concert.

1 Like

Another option across the 405 is Angelina Pizzeria which has good Napoleanitan pizza. They are in the same ballpark at Fuoco on the 2 occasions I’ve eaten there. They are VPN certified if you care about such things.

If you want to try Marafuku Ramen and report back that would be swell.

Otherwise +1 on Little Sister. Or Top Round.

2 Likes

Lol Top Round, the sandwich shop?

1 Like

Yep same as the one on La Brea

1 Like

Little Sister

This is a massive Little Sister, so much larger than the other locations. The drinks are really good here and the food is good, but probably better at other locations. But still, this is the best option in that area for food and drinks. I went during the first month of operation and service was pretty clunky but expected given the scale of the restaurant. Sergio came out to our table and personally apologized and gave us a freebie which was actually really fuckin tasty. I believe it was called bo tai chanh which is a raw beef salad.

3 Likes

I didn’t enjoy the Top Round in Irvine. It’s fine. Just not as good as the OG…however, the morning opening crew is very nice.

Another +1 on Little Sister. Del Frisco’s and Capital Seafood aren’t horrible options, either.

2 Likes

Ok Little Sister it is. Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

I guess Umami Burger has fallen out of favor? TLT Food (from The Lime Truck) was a promising option when it opened several years ago, but I haven’t been back since then.

I don’t think umami burger is bad but a lot of people here remember what it was like when the first opened and there is no comparison. Maybe it’s a bad analogy but I feel the same way when I go into an Islands We went all the time to the original (i think) on Pico -they were never fancy but the burgers are sad and pathetic now

2 Likes

TLT is awesome and gets my vote. I do remember the Irvine location not matching up to Westwood, but it’s a top contender for me at the Spectrum.

The Westwood location is gone, I think, but they just won the Great Food Truck All-Stars earlier this summer.

1 Like

Overall a big meh. Every dish I thought was better from any random mom and pop Vietnamese place. Nothing was bad per se but nothing makes me want to come back. Papaya salad was the best dish. The imperial rolls was the weakest dish. Also did not expect portions to be so large. We took all of the wings to go except for two pieces.

Pic taken after two pieces were eatened.

3 Likes