What's your favorite fucking dirty, filthy fast-food pastrami, on the grilled or it may be steamed too, but who's really counting?

this is a pastrami beast that is essentially diametrically opposite from Jewish deli pastrami, i.e. Langer’s or Brent’s, etc.

My favorite of this varietal of dirty, fast-food pastrami is the grease bomb from:

The Hat, preferably the Pasadena location. obviously paired with a side of pastrami chili cheese fries (this is a massive fucking portion, caveat emptor).

And that’s no fucking joke.

1 Like

for some reason, my question mark button is fucked up and just limited to fucking one ???

what’s going on ???

The Hat. Simi. Extra pickles, a request that is occasionally accommodated. Looks like you’ve got your ???'s back, good.

The hat is the hands down winner in that category. Just the fries though, f the sandwich.

4 Likes

I prefer my Hat pastrami chili cheese fries topped with lots of chopped tomato and pickles…the acid helps cut through the gut-busting deliciousness.
If a sandwich, I want that sucker double-dipped with extra mustard.

tom’s #7. i don’t know why, but i have like three pastrami sandwiches there a year.

where in fuck’s name is tom’s #7 not to be confused with toms #6, natch ???

pico, near Crenshaw ???

cahuenga and burbank in noho. do NOT make a special trip.

1 Like

There are three that I love…The Hat, The Oinkster (great fries too) and Bay Cities…

2 Likes

Capastrami at Capriotti’s and the Ms. Rachel at Orleans & York.

The hot pastrami at Togos isn’t bad.

Tops.

Had the hot pastrami sandwich at Bay Cities today. Small with pickles and no mustard was $7.10. Not a huge, overstuffed sandwich but there was a substantial amount of thin-sliced, microwaved-heated, not too salty and properly fatty pastrami. Their rolls, after a bit in a paper then foil-wrapped package, lose some of their crispness but retain a firm, chewy exterior and a softened interior. Good sandwich, very good value.

2 Likes

When the urge hits & simply because it’s close I’ll hit Giamela’s on Los Feliz.
Take a friend order 1 pepper steak & 1 pastrami split them and it’s a meat overload. Diced onion, pickles, tomatoes on top give the illusion it’s healthy. Could be nostalgia but grew up on these and when the hankering hits…dayum this post …Guess where I’m headed.

1 Like

I refuse to eat The Hat, so… how about… Arry’s Super Burger, Montebello?

I used to love the pastrami at Togo’s, but was really disappointed when I tried them again recently. Microwaved and rubbery. Never again.

why no on the fucking Hat ???

it may be disgusting but it’s disgustingly delicious right ???

and sided with some of their pastrami chili cheese fries, everything is right with the fucking world.

1 Like

most fucking pastrami is rubbery.

but if they steam it properly, in some cases, that’s half the fucking battle.

and what a battle it is.

That’s the fucking point lol! Togo’s doesn’t steam their pastrami. Just plop cold cuts into the microwave. I seem to remember they used to keep it in a metal warming container that made it more moist and juicy.

Which one?