What's your summer cocktail you've been pounding down?

I “justify” the price by the fact - for me - that it tastes at least 15 times better than any other. I drink it for the flavor not for medicinal purposes. And I have a few every summer.

1 Like

@catholiver - I was at Whole Foods today and, on a whim, decided to see if they had any Fever Tree mixers. They did, and I got a four-pack of Bitter Lemon ($6). This is good! Not quite as bitter as I was expecting, but very refreshing. And it’s sodium free.

Next I will try the tonic; I do love a good tonic. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

My pleasure. That sounds very refreshing. Total Wines carries a bunch if not all of the line. I’ve also heard that Q is an equivalent brand.

I haven’t had Fever Tree but have had Q . I like the somewhat medicinal taste…like the tonic water I remember from childhood but not too sweet. Pricey but definitely makes for a finer drink.

2 Likes

Damn, those look deeeeelicious!

$6 seems reasonable vs their website that has 4pk up to $32…
Maybe its the tonic water…

Good to know about leg cramps, on tonic water…did not know that.
Bevmo or Sprouts?

1 Like

Danggg. Love that slice of blood orange. I’ll have to steal that.

2 Likes

Yah, I had never heard of it before. Where have I been? It was delicious.

1 Like

Yah!?!?
You’re the second person on the food forum boards that use that vernacular!
:wink:

Hehehe… Probably @Chowseeker1999. I go back & forth between yah & yeah.

1 Like

Yes! That Sommariva is such a great prosecco for that price.

1 Like

Got my beloved attorney, eat*mup, for Xmas, a bottle of Booker’s Bourbon…
You gotta take care of da ‘top’ man that is handling and slaying the dragons…
He said it was delicious!!

:dagger:

So gin and juice with a bit of club soda is an LA classic but we just discovered what feijoa or pineapple guava brings to the drink! Staying in Ojai and adding grapefruit and oranges right from trees but luckily also had some of these green guys I grew up with.

So much crazy tropical aroma, bitter and sweet , exactly what gin likes!

2 Likes

What happened to @Plumeria?