Where to buy smoked haddock

I would love to make an Irish fish pie–it’s basically shepherd’s pie but with fish. But, it calls for smoked haddock and other smoked fish generally doesn’t do justice to the recipe. Any idea where I can get some good smoked haddock on the Eastside? In Ireland and UK, you can usually just get a packet of fish at the local Marks & Spencer’s labelled especially for fish pie.

Frozen at Fish King in Glendale.

Awesome! Thanks.

Fish king no longer sells smoke Haddock. Said he can’t get it anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know!

Well…Rose Tree Cottage in Pasadena has it, but they’re so condescending and insufferable, I’ll never go back there.

I agree with you! I once tried to buy English bangers there and they offered me the grossest, most freezer-burned package with an attitude of “you’re lucky we will sell it to you.” I declined politely.

Kitty O’Shea’s in eagle rock has smoked haddock…just wrote them today.

Thanks! I’m heading there today. Will probably see what else I can pick up from the store and from the area. Any suggestions for a bang-bang would be welcome.

In that general area I have Triple Beam Pizza and Zhengyalov Hatz flagged.

Thanks! I must admit I’m not a big fan of Triple Beam. I think I just don’t like that style of thick crust pizza. I will probably pick up from Max’s BBQ from previous threads about the area.

I’ve never been there, just flagged it because of many positive reports here. Doesn’t look very thick to me.

It’s not thick. Thinner than a good Sicilian much much thinner than a crappy one.

How about Goldburger or Bang Bang noodles? Masons dumpling shop? Though I guess that’s more highland park.

1 Like

Shoot. Got this after I left. Bang Bang noodles would have been awesome. Next time.

1 Like

Regret not! Their pop-up has moved from Highland Park to Culver City.

2 Likes