While Away The Afternoon With The Delicious French-Japanese Pastries of Patisserie Chantilly [Thoughts + Pics]

Looking at this, it appears to be approximately $40 worth of sweets.

Question: What would you rather have? This or the Republique Mango Passionfruit Cream Pie?
I think I would go for this.

2 Likes

@Starchtrade Yeah it is a lot of sweets! I think I might have a sweet tooth :sweat_smile: But I ate this over almost a week, and the nice thing is the quality still stays good even after several days.

I donā€™t know yet which I would choose, Republiqueā€™s pie or this box of pastries from Patisserie Chantilly. I havenā€™t tried the mango passionfruit cream pie yet. But Iā€™m picking up my first pie tomorrow morning so Iā€™ll report back!

I love mango and coconut, so I definitely have to try this!

4 Likes

@hanhgry By no means was I trying to shame you for buying that many sweets. If anything, I am jealous! I was just trying to make the point that the cost is roughly equivalent to the MPFCP @ Republique.

Hope you enjoy the Republique pie today! We got first one yesterday and it was great, but as great as a whole box of Chantilly sweets? :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™d opt for the box of Chantilly goods. Variety is the spice of life. But nobody loses in either situation.

4 Likes

Kudos!

Iā€™ve only been Chantilly once (many yrs ago) and only had the sesame choux, butā€¦

I do think I enjoyed the MPFP more than the sesame choux. Not to say one is actually ā€œsuperiorā€ to the other, but I think I just enjoy fruit-flavored desserts more. If variety is not an issue, I would prefer the whole MPFP for roughly the same cost.

Iā€™ll be trying a slice of the raspberry version later today, so Iā€™ll give an update about that. :wink: Hee, hee.

Only slightly off-topicā€¦ What kind of camera???

5 Likes

So we got the Republique pie but waited till today to try it because it was for our 6th wedding anniversary today. It is really damn good! :blush: But maybe the slight edge to Chantilly, as @js76wisco mentioned, because variety is the spice of life! They are both really top notch, high quality pastries, so Iā€™m just happy I get to have sweets from both places.

I used a Nikon D7000 with a 35mm f/1.8 lens. Iā€™m by no means a pro, I mess around with the settings a lot. Natural light is your friend!

6 Likes

Hi @paranoidgarliclover,

Say it isnā€™t so! Youā€™ve given up your love of black sesame desserts? :cry: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Congratulations! :blush: Glad you enjoyed both places.

2 Likes

Happy anniversary!

2 Likes

I am such a black-sesame wh*re that I actually thought that the choux didnā€™t have enough black sesame flavor for meā€¦ ::hangs head in shame:: The black-sesame latte from B Patisserie is probably the lightest amount of black sesame flavor I would consider acceptable (and I really liked it!). :wink:

@hanhgry: congrats! Unrelated: I use a Canon mirrorless ILC. The AF really does stink (I have an M3), but the smaller size and ability to use high-quality primes makes it a job for static subjects. Hope you take more lovely photos w/ your Nikon.

6 Likes

Because of the COVID surge, we cancelled our holiday plans to the East Coast to visit family and friends like we always do at Christmas. Itā€™s sad, but we want to stay safe and not risk the lives of our elderly parents. This is going to be the first Christmas we spend in LA since we moved here! But to cheer myself up, I ordered a Christmas cake from Patisserie Chantilly to pick up a few days before the holiday. :slight_smile:

I ordered the strawberry one, pictured here on their Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIOf_DLjp3l/

19 Likes

My wifeā€™s favorite cake. I couldnā€™t pick one this year up due to covid but I owe her. Like many other members of the female species she doesnā€™t seem to forget things like this.

5 Likes

You better get cracking and get her a strawberry cake sometime in the near future then! Women definitely donā€™t forget when food is involved! :laughing:

4 Likes