Who has a delicious low cal salad near mid city?

Thanks. Thinking of getting one for dinner. Or just going to Phillips BBQ.:smiley_cat:

1 Like

There arenā€™t a lot of salad places in the area.

Mixt - Wilshire
Yuko Kitchen- Curson?
Yummy - San Vicente
Apollonia - Wilshire

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve had or seen this oneā€¦

Top Round - Big Salad

I doubt itā€™s very lo-cal. Sturdy greens, avocado, gr apples, candied walnuts, blue cheese. You can skip the fried chicken :slight_smile:. They also make a good Kale Slaw.

My husband will go with you to Phillips :wink:.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t mind a salad with some Philipps Mixed Sauce and Links

1 Like

Didnā€™t know the Phillips in leimert park closed.

What? Crenshaw? We drove by it earlier today. I didnā€™t look, but my husband says it looked full.

I donā€™t even like smokey, vinegary, but that sauce is great!!! I wannaā€™ buy it and slather it on Maple Block ribs.

@Luluthemagnificent - they were closed on Memorial Day, and they closed last year for a couple weeks of cleaning. But I think thatā€™s it.

No. The Leimert park one.

Husband just said ā€œYeah, that one probably did close.ā€ :neutral_face: Heā€™s always been partial to the Crenshaw locale since he was a kid and it was Leoā€™s BBQ. In fact, driving by it today, then us discussing it on FTC was too much for him to take; heā€™s in line right now. I guess Iā€™ll have a PB&J sandwich.

What were we talkinā€™ about? Oh yes, Salads.

1 Like

why you having a PB&J and no BBQ?

Well, I did breakdown and have him get some chicken too.

I try not to get all tree huggie, but am limiting my consumption of conventionally-raised pork. If itā€™s something a restaurant is known for or I donā€™t want to be rude at someoneā€™s house, then okay. Iā€™ve had some good ribs from Phillips, but also enough bad ones to just pass now. But I :heart: the sauce.

BTW, husband said the ribs were really good tonight and the last couple times he was there.

Hamji Park (Ktown)ā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great looking salad!

1 Like

Try The Salad at Bruā€™s Wiffle and More in Beverly Hills. Butter lettuce, Brussels sprouts, goat cheese, dates, avocado, sesame, grilled chicken, with olive oil and fresh lemon dressing. Delicious and reasonably low calorie.

2 Likes