Who has Bomb Nachos?

I really like the papas nachos con lengua at Carnitas Michoacán in Lincoln Heights. However, it’s prolly not quite what the OP seeks since it’s, basically, cheese fries with beef tongue.

3 Likes

Three orders of the above. With a bang bang at PRD afterwards.

5 Likes

Why must you inject prd into every conversation, totally inappropriate!!! Nachos and prd have nothing in common Cantonese ppl don’t even like cheeze! This insults all nacho places everywhere and I’m sure PRD will have hainan chicken nachos on their menu next week!!!

13 Likes

OK OK… Five order of the above. And then call it a night.

For the record I love all you guys, beefnoguy, JKB, and all the rest of the peanut gallery. I have just imbibed some (OK a lot of) really great infused sake, and will go to bed now, where I will not worry one iota about the caloric differences when comparing pizza…

5 Likes

We :hearts: you too. Goodnight. Sleep tight…

2 Likes

Hahahaa!

That’s odd. They were on the menu when we were there a couple of weeks ago, but you’re right. I don’t see it on their online menu.

Great…now I’m going to have to fry up some wonton skins the next time I get hainan chicken to make “nachos”…

3 Likes

Haha let us know how it turns out!

Have you ever had poke nachos? They are delicious but same concept with fried wontons.

1 Like

There’s so much cheese on those that it looks like scrambled eggs.

Instead of salsa, use ginger scallion sauce

3 Likes
1 Like

They use tortilla chips, but the tuna poke nachos are surprisingly good at Karl Strauss. Although the beer helps.

1 Like

Now I have a craving for poke nachos lol. This is what it looks like at poke on da run on Oahu ( I didn’t take this pic)

1 Like

Update: my lovely bride set me straight. The nachos at Playa Mesa are on their happy hour menu. Recommend adding their carnitas.

3 Likes

If the plate is full of chips and goodness, after eating the crunchy chips and all the delightful toppings, I actually start to enjoy the soggy chips, in a weird kind of way.

8 Likes

I like sandwiching the soggy ones and a boatload of toppings and cheese in between two crunchy ones.

8 Likes

Reminiscent of many a drunk night in my younger days at 3am polishing off a nachos bell grande or nacho supremes at Taco Bell.

1 Like

Its simply hard to make nachos at home.

1 Like

actually, super easy, I’m just lazy.

1 Like