Who has the best charcuterie plates in town?

Looking for the restaurants with best charcuterie plates…go!

Bestia…since they make their own stuff.

2 Likes

tesse
chi spacca

cassia

6 Likes
1 Like

Hi @skramzlife,

• Chi SPACCA - Wonderful handmade Charcuterie.
  • Republique - They make their own Charcuterie and feature interesting selections in addition to pork (such as duck, rabbit and more depending on the season).
2 Likes

I had forgotten about Republique…and with such great bread, too!

2 Likes

Really love Cassia’s charcuterie.

Rossoblu’s is pretty great too.
Salame Felino / Testa / Pancetta / Whipped Dry-Aged Beef Tallow / Mortadella DOP / Prosciutto Di Parma [24 Months]
Stracchino Cheese / Crescentine Fritte

Always add the Raw House Sausage on Grilled Bread / 9

1 Like

Probably a tall order but if anyone comes across a restaurant Charcuterie that uses humanly-raised pork give me a shout. I’m not a strict “no conventionally-raised pork” girl but try to keep it humane when possible. This relegates me to store-bought. I would love to dig into some good housemade Charcuterie. We sat next to two young dudes devouring a board at Chi SPACCA and I couldn’t keep my eyes off their table.

1 Like

Did you ask the Chi Spacca folks where they source their pork?

I have a hard time with those questions but I really should.

I can’t be the only person that immediately thought of Colin the Chicken.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure their sourcing is as good as it gets.

I’m pretty sure you don’t want restaurant recommendations from Fred Armisen.

1 Like

See, that’s why I said I have a hard time asking those questions in restaurants, and rarely bring it up on this board. The term shooting-fish-in-barrel is immediately what I thought of. :wink:

1 Like

Generally, the most flavorful pork, heritage breeds, sustainability, and humane practices come as a package deal.

1 Like

Do they use heritage breeds? I didn’t see that.

Been mentioned in articles about the place.

1 Like

Sorry @Bookwich. I meant fish-in-a-barrel (an easy target) not crabs which has a totally different meaning. Comeback fail of the day. Who knew?

Nothing about it on the website as far as I know, but Ori Menashe has a page about how Bestia obtains its pork for curing in his cookbook. They use pasture raised, non-GMO Red Wattle pigs which are butchered at the restaurant. He is a big nose to tail advocate, and he doesn’t say so directly, but I am sure he is dedicated to humanely raised animals.

1 Like

i’m sure the cook pigs ranch pork at cassia grew up with a nanny, went to private school and had weekly mani-pedis.

2 Likes