Why flights from Central America often have the enticing aroma of fried chicken

1 Like

Gross. As someone who does not eat chicken, fried or otherwise, I really do not want to be trapped in a metal box for hours and have to smell it. Or any kind of food, really.

1 Like

Better not fly from Central America to the US, then. Or walk around any Central American city.

1 Like

Walking around is not an issue. Being trapped in a metal box is an issue.

So do your part for global warming and don’t fly.

Dude. Chill. It’s not exactly controversial to not like it when people bring smelly food on planes.

One person’s smelly is another’s enticing aroma.

There’s probably a market for fragrance-free flights. Though unfortunately the pro-stench faction might be ahead.

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Airlines-branded-scents-13756229.php

And vice versa, which is why I think it’s best to err on the side of caution. I also wouldn’t blast music on a plane.

I can handle grapefruit smell in the bathroom. I hope the plane-wide perfume doesn’t catch on, though. Some people (not me) are allergic to that sort of thing (as the article notes).

1 Like

This is me. I do not want to be surrounded by scents, especially not when stuck in a sealed metal box. (I’m not big on flying, period - don’t like enclosed spaces.)

And I can’t think of a single thing that I would want to smell for hours on end, even if I liked it initially.

I had a friend who lived over The Old Homestead Steakhouse in Manhattan. He likes steak just fine, but he said in about three days he couldn’t tell whether he was hungry or nauseated.

1 Like

I once had a bag of fresh white truffles in my hotel room. After a few days I had a nightmare that I was being suffocated with dirty gym socks.

2 Likes

Hilarious.

1 Like

So…all I want to say is that I enjoyed the article and the tiny slice of life it illuminated.

1 Like