Wise Sons Deli from Bay Area to Open in LA ... somewhere? someday?

If a Jewish deli from California opens in Tokyo, chances are it sucks and is nouveau and hipster.

You’ll never see traditional Jewish deli like Katz’s or Langers open there.

(Ok, just playing around.)

1 Like

Gr8pimpin, I think Wise Sons is a “hipster” operation but I’m willing to check them out…havent been impressed with Wexler’s

1 Like

Gr8pimpin, I think Wise Sons is a “hipster” operation but I’m willing to check them out…havent been impressed with Wexler’s

Yep. I figured LOL!

Me neither. I think their pastrami is quite possibly the worst I’ve had. Tastes like Texas brisket… which is great except when you want pastrami.

Their bagels are good, smoked salmon is ok, soup is pretty good.

1 Like

Banner is now up on the old amacita space proclaiming Wise Sons is opening soon. Rush Street is probably bummed about losing access to those extra sidewalk tables.

3 Likes

where is the old Amanita space?

Autocorrect typo, now corrected. I meant “amacita” in Culver City, at the corner of Washington and Irving.

2 Likes

grazie

And now done. Culver City apparently was not a Wise move:

Permanently Closed

We opened in Southern California to bring our neighborhood Deli and Jewish comfort food classics to a wider audience. We’re proud to have been a part of the legendary Los Angeles Jewish culinary scene, serving and connecting with our wonderful customers and neighbors. While we enjoyed enthusiastic support, we experienced many of the same headwinds facing other restaurants in the area, including changes in traffic patterns and purchasing behaviors.

Since opening in Summer 2020, we have struggled to operate a casual restaurant that remains financially viable while supporting its employees, remaining affordable for its customers, and serving a quality product made with the best ingredients.

We have relished every minute of our time serving you whether it be celebrating birthdays, B’nai Mitzvahs, or hosting lunch with your bubbe. We are grateful for your love, patronage, and appetites. Thank you for your support of Wise Sons in Culver City. Please continue to visit your neighborhood Jewish Delis—we’ve tagged a few of our friends—they need your support now more than ever.

Love & Pastrami,

Wise Sons

5 Likes

I may be the biggest Jewish deli proponent on these message boards, but Wise Sons simply sucked. I would have gone often if it was any good.

6 Likes

nothing I heard enticed me to go there…

The Lenny’s Deli space burned down a few weeks ago…

Holy cow. I work not too far from there and had no idea. Glad no one was injured.

1 Like

Wow that’s devastating…I practically lived at Junior’s Deli when I was young.

2 Likes