Wise Sons Deli from Bay Area to Open in LA ... somewhere? someday?

I drove by Lenny’s this past weekend and saw that it had shuttered.

Per Eater, SF Deli brand Wise Sons will be transitioning in to that space. Best of luck to them!

3 Likes

have you tried their food in SF? I’m hoping it’s good as it’s a quick detour on my new commute! :+1:

I don’t know anybody in San Francisco who likes this place. In fact, when I asked my friend what’s the best deli in San Francisco, he said the closest one is Brent’s in Westlake :laughing:

5 Likes

If I have time next wk, I’ll try it in SF. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a thread in the San Francisco section of FTC.

1 Like

Right, my son who lives in SF says Wise Sons is a poor excuse for a Jewish deli.

1 Like

I didn’t see what the hype was about . My sandwich was small and dry when I ate there .

One would argue that food-wise, Lenny’s wasn’t all that great either. But it did serve a community purpose as a gathering place for many of the locals.

1 Like

I like Wise Brothers. It’s not a full deli, or old-school, it reminds me a bit of Wexler’s. The 24th Street location is a good local spot to pick up bagels or have a bowl of soup. The pastrami is warm and cut thick, the bread is fresh, and the pickles are good.

I’m looking forward to what the guys come up with in L.A. Personally, I thought Lenny’s was awful and Wise Brothers is going to be a great replacement.

2 Likes

THX for the heads up! I’ll check that out!

ok—read the thread and it seems like a lot of mixed reviews. I’ll still pop in and try it out when they open.

2 Likes

I’m sure I will try them as well. :slight_smile:

I’ve been to the one in the mission quite a few times and I’d say it’s definitely above decent. Definitely worth a stop by if you’re in the area and craving the food🤓

2 Likes

Hey Gr8pimpin! I drive by Westwood and Pico pretty often…Lenny’s still shuttered and NO sign of Wise Bros or anyone else opening up…news?

I drove by yesterday and saw the same thing. I don’t know anything. Maybe I’ll have to dig into this.

Good to see you back, Mr. Maven.

1 Like

yeah, I didn’t think anything was going on there…thought maybe something happening inside as I never peered in a window…strange but also disappointing to read the negative comments on the SF orig location…

The shoe shine guy is still open for business on the sidewalk there. I’m sure he would know the scoop.

3 Likes

@lapizzamaven @J_L

Seems like a Wise decision. Though I still hope they find something on the Westside.

1 Like

They found a location in Culver City

1 Like

Seems like some people must like their stuff, they’re up to seven locations in the Bay Area and one in Tokyo.

1 Like