Wonderful Italian Gelato & Pastas - Bulgarini Gelato [Thoughts + Pics]

I was really tempted to, but instead I took the sauce home and ate it the next day on other bread I had! I was pretty full from the 2 pastas, so I decided to save space for gelato. If I only got 1 pasta, I definitely would’ve gotten bread to sop it all up.

3 Likes

Hi @glazedonut,

Thanks for the report back. :slight_smile: Glad you liked it overall. For the Pesto I don’t mind because that oil is a tasty, aromatic Italian extra virgin olive oil that Leo finishes the pasta off with.

I love their hazelnut gelato and the chocolate chip as well! :slight_smile:

Hi @Chowseeker1999, your great review/pic was one of the things that encouraged me to try that flavor! As for the pesto, it’s just a personal preference as to the texture of the sauce - I still really enjoyed the dish and would happily order it again.

1 Like

I feel the same way, although perhaps for different reasons (was just there yesterday). I don’t know enough about cooking to say if it’s just an issue of too much EVOO vs. basil/pine nuts/parmesan, but the “problem” that I have w/ the pesto is that it throws off the flavor balance a bit (in the sense of the pesto not being as “concentrated” as I would like), and I also feel like the gnocchi also don’t get “fully” coated w/ the pesto, either.

Still a delicious dish, of course.

1 Like
2 Likes

It will be a bittersweet day when people realize what treasure is tucked away in that small strip mall shop.

Of course, I wish Leo nothing but success & happiness.

1 Like

Leo is a national treasure.

5 Likes

Fantastic meal @attran99. Leo is such a special person. I need to try those pastas and focaccia!

2 Likes

@TheCookie Go full gamet and do the pairings. Alan would have a great time with Leo.

2 Likes

Oh definitely the pairing. Yeah, he didn’t get to go with us when we went. That would be a fun duo to watch. :smile: I’m seriously up for reigniting the plan for the FTC meetup at Bulgarini.

4 Likes

If a FTC meet-up at Bulgarini could be arranged for the last week in August, I’d love to join :grin::spaghetti::ice_cream:

1 Like

Sounds good. If others are in give me a like and I’ll call.

4 Likes

Down

2 Likes

No rush. August gives us a good amount of time to plan.

Uh, isn’t that the month Leo goes to Italy?

3 Likes

I don’t know, but we’ll find out. :wink:

@J_L is right. Leo spends August in Italy with his family and some special guests who want to throw down for a fun vacation traversing the Tuscan countryside with him.

1 Like

Okay, I spoke with his wife. She’s not 100% sure the exact dates they will be in Italy this year. She’s going to speak to him and call me back tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’m in.

1 Like

history has shown that nobody is “in” until they send over money.